PDA

View Full Version : Washing floor mats

CAD
05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
I just got a shop for my business. It is great, but I need a place to hang, wash, and dry mats. I only have one wall available for my use and it is drywall. I have been considering building an a frame stand or modifying a heavy metal shelf to do it, but I don't know what would be a good material, design, and most cost efficient. If anyone could give me some ideas I would be grateful. Thanks.

JLWinter
05-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Get some aluminum conduit and a 2x4s. Spray the conduit with some paint to stop it from oxidizing. Cut the 2x4 to what ever length you want and mount on the dry wall over some studs. Drill a wholein each of the 2x4s and slide the conduit through it. Instant rack for less then $10.

Pureshine
05-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I use a foldable rack from target.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-12-2013, 12:49 PM
When I started out, I bought the brackets to make your own saw horses out of 2x4 stock... Just make them a little taller than normal. Get a couple spring clamps and mount them to the horizontal and you're good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ScubaCougr
05-12-2013, 01:08 PM
And go to your favorite lumber yard and get some plastic-faced paneling. Screw a couple sheets to the wall for water resistance and use one of the other suggestions above for the holders.

CAD
05-12-2013, 10:42 PM
These are great ideas. I'm thinking the saw horse thing is going to be too light for using a power washer on them though. Yeah or no?And what does the foldable rack look like. Metal?

sktan
08-17-2013, 06:40 PM
go to your favorite lumber yard and get some plastic-faced paneling. then follow one of above suggestions.