PDA

View Full Version : Montana Boars Hair Brush

Ken Brenner
05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Does the Montana Boars Hair brush scratch your car when washing? I am looking at the 10 inch car body wash brush, seems like it would fit in a five gallon bucket perfect. I currently use the two bucket wash method with micro sponge but bending over is taking its toll on my knees and back. Getting old sucks.

bootstrap
05-12-2013, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't take the chance

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

IndeedSS
05-12-2013, 10:14 AM
I had one but it really scratched my Chevy (Impala and Camaro) clearcoat. I even let it soak for a while before use and only went very across the paint.I really wanted it to work too, but gave it away to a friend with a warning to be careful and see how it worked on his paint.

Oddly enough my boars hair wheel brush (blonde) doesn't scratch.

Wes Bremec
05-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Never had problems with mine scratching cc

Pureshine
05-12-2013, 03:47 PM
I use one when foaming the car to clean emblems,grills and edges around the car never have a problem.

Jaddie
05-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Dear Ken

I use the "Plus" model brush on my vehicles. It seems soft enough to me. I have one very light scratch on the hood of my van, but I don't believe the brush caused it.

Honestly, though, I don't see how the boar's hair brush is going to beat a good microfiber mop brush. I keep using the boar's hair brush because I paid about US$80 for it here when it was on sale. (Hey, it must be great. Just look at how much it cost!)

sweatthedetails
05-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I use the brush when I'm planning on polishing anyways, use no pressure while washing and always be aware of the plastic edges. IE don't try to clean the top of your bumper only to rub the hard plastic edge against your tailgate. They are a good tool but really best just for the large flat panels.

www.SweatTheDetails.Time2Detail.com
www.Facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-12-2013, 08:50 PM
This whole debate of whether it would scratch paint or not would depend on how "hard" or "soft" the paint and clear coat. Its almost like you have to go and do a checklist with the products that you are using on specific cars, much like surgery. You would not want to use a saw performing cataract removal..

Lexi65
06-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Never had problems with mine scratching cc

What color is your paint? Feed back please. :buffing:

swanicyouth
06-23-2014, 01:25 AM
No. The brush itself doesn't scratch. It's when people don't use the best technique they can scratch. I've done the CD test with the Montana Boar's Hair Car Wash brush and it didn't scratch. I use mine all the time with no issues.

Of course, some people say - My car is not a CD. But, in reality. - the face of a CD does scratch pretty easy so I feel the test is relevant to see if the material itself causes scratches.

You have to let the brush soak in soapy solution for a like a half hour before using it. The un-soaked brush can scratch - I've proved it (proved it to myself at least - believe it if you choose). The brush does not work as well on heavily soiled cars IMHO. For regular car washes it's very good - because the bristles rinse cleaner than any towel...meaning your using almost 100% clean wash media every time you rinse it. It also seems to hold just enough wash solution to get the panel done.