PDA

View Full Version : What are these called?!

1Clean3
05-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Hi guys... So long story short I am in the process of getting one of my vehicles painted. I might later on get a couple of pieces of the car powder coated and wanted to ask the paint shop if they can spray one of these so I can bring it in to the powder coating shop to color match. WHAT ARE THESE METAL CAR SWATCHES CALLED?! I can't seem to find them online anywhere.

I just need one. Thanks guys!

http://www.alsacorp.com/metallic_paint_wraps/images/metallic_pw_colors.jpg

Setec Astronomy
05-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Um, I think those are called mice.

If you are getting your car painted a standard color, you should just be able to tell the powder coat shop what it is. If not, why can't the body shop just paint a piece of something the color they are using? A piece of sheet metal, etc., why does it have to be one of those "things"?

swanicyouth
05-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I don't know what they are called, but I've seen them in person at the Eastwood Company in Pottstown PA in their store. They sell paint and body shop stuff Maybe send them an email and see if they could send you some unpainted ones.

1Clean3
05-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Um, I think those are called mice.

If you are getting your car painted a standard color, you should just be able to tell the powder coat shop what it is. If not, why can't the body shop just paint a piece of something the color they are using? A piece of sheet metal, etc., why does it have to be one of those "things"?

Thanks! I just figured if I'm going to have them paint something for the powder coating shop to color match it might as well be something legit. Plus since its a pearl color it might help match the slight color changing more.

I don't know what they are called, but I've seen them in person at the Eastwood Company in Pottstown PA in their store. They sell paint and body shop stuff Maybe send them an email and see if they could send you some unpainted ones.

I'll check it out thanks!

1oldsalt
05-12-2013, 02:08 AM
They are called "speed shapes".

If you want to buy some here you go--

Order (http://www.startechservices.com/order.htm)

1Clean3
05-12-2013, 02:42 AM
They are called "speed shapes".

If you want to buy some here you go--

Order (http://www.startechservices.com/order.htm)

You are the man! Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

1oldsalt
05-12-2013, 03:05 AM
You are the man! Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

They are not cheap. If you are hell bent on making paint samples that are car shaped you can always buy lexan radio controlled car bodies. Some are as cheap as 3 dollars on ebay.

hernandez.art13
05-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Are these little samples that you buy and they send you so you could see in person how the paint looks exactly?
How much is each one?

jvs1991
05-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Are these little samples that you buy and they send you so you could see in person how the paint looks exactly?
How much is each one?

Click the link a couple posts up. They're like 70

mswerb
05-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Summit Racing has them as well.

hernandez.art13
05-12-2013, 12:52 PM
They're these?