PDA

View Full Version : Those who use OPC as an interior cleaner, question...

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
05-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Has it ever damaged anything(leather, plastic, etc..)? This is the only APC I would even consider using on interiors.

Robert8194
05-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Never had a problem with it or any Optimum products. I do follow dilution recommendations.

Rsurfer
05-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Has it ever damaged anything(leather, plastic, etc..)? This is the only APC I would even consider using on interiors.
Short answer, no. For interior cleaning, try Ultima Interior Shampoo. Cost a little more, but I guaranty you that you will love it Mark. It's more like a liquid foam.:xyxthumbs:

ihaveacamaro
05-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Short answer, no. For interior cleaning, try Ultima Interior Shampoo. Cost a little more, but I guaranty you that you will love it Mark. It's more like a liquid foam.:xyxthumbs:

If I remember correctly (from almost a year ago), he used it and was less than impressed.

No damage here with OPC here, Mark.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-11-2013, 04:54 PM
I had a strange issue with OPC on a BMW interior a while ago. It was diluted 1:3 or 1:10, can't exactly remember. Since then, never used it on interiors. One of the leather door panels was completely dis-colored by OPC; the rest were fine. :dunno:

I just remembered Blackfire APC. I used a sample a while back and was very impressed!

Thanks Ron.

I'm trying to be as cost effective as possible these days. :dblthumb2:

Rsurfer
05-11-2013, 04:56 PM
If I remember correctly (from almost a year ago), he used it and was less than impressed.

No damage here with OPC here, Mark.
You know Mark..chicken one day, feathers the next.:dblthumb2:

ihaveacamaro
05-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I had a strange issue with OPC on a BMW interior a while ago. It was diluted 1:3 or 1:10, can't exactly remember. Since then, never used it on interiors. One of the leather door panels was completely dis-colored by OPC; the rest were fine. :dunno:

I just remembered about Blackfire APC. I used a sample a while back and was very impressed!

Thanks Ron.

I'm trying to be as cost effective as possible these days. :dblthumb2:

To be honest, I get extremely similar results with OPC and BF APC. They smell and look different, but I wonder how different they are.

ihaveacamaro
05-11-2013, 04:57 PM

hahaha, so true! Have you seen my sig?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-11-2013, 04:58 PM
LOL! However, I've found another "interior cleaner" that I like better than Ultima, and that would be DP Total Interior. Still too expensive, though.

hernandez.art13
05-11-2013, 05:15 PM
I bought this APC from Chemical guys, i asked the guy directly what can I use for interior, he said APC then asked about wheels, he said APC, door jams engine he said APC etc....,

Now I'm scared to haha

hernandez.art13
05-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I bought this APC from Chemical guys, i asked the guy directly what can I use for interior, he said APC then asked about wheels, he said APC, door jams engine he said APC etc....,

Now I'm scared to haha

Was about $7 for a 16 oz concentrate, dont remember exactly went on a shopping spree yesterday 😎

Sorry meant to edit this post not start another one lol

A1MobileDetailing
05-11-2013, 05:21 PM
LOL! However, I've found another "interior cleaner" that I like better than Ultima, and that would be DP Total Interior. Still too expensive, though.

Unless its on bogo.:hungry: Its actually on bogo right now! I like it but I don't care for the banana smell it has.:nomore:

WRAPT C5Z06
05-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Unless its on bogo.:hungry: Its actually on bogo right now! I like it but I don't care for the banana smell it has.:nomore:
They reformulated it, it smells good!! It has a citrus smell.

Success
05-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I use it 3 or 4:1 on interiors no problem. Plan to drop it down further though in the future. It cleans very well.

cleanmycorolla
05-11-2013, 05:55 PM

Now I'm scared to haha

Why are you scared. All Clean+ is safe on those things if diluted correctly. I use it all the time.