PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question, When washing exterior only, do you Clean Windows inside?

sasson
05-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey Mike and Forum members!
Just a Quick question...
My Shop will be open next week for the first time...
Now my question is... When you do EXTERIOR only wash, No interior... Would you clean the windows from the inside or outside only????
I just didn't know what should I say...
I have no problem saying that interior windows are considered as interior... just wanted a few more opinions...

Thanks guys! Im the MAN

ScottB
05-11-2013, 02:16 PM
I would consider exterior to mean outside only ... you could add a small added value service for free by doing glass inside as desired.

Evan.J
05-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I would do the window in and out. The appearance of the inside of the window will be visible from the outside and with a dirty inside it will give the look of a dirty window. That will end up taking away form the work that has been done and the customer will see nothing but a dirty window.

sasson
05-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I would consider exterior to mean outside only ... you could add a small added value service for free by doing glass inside as desired.

Thank you scott, this was the answer I was looking for!
Wish you all a great week!:dblthumb2:

sasson
05-11-2013, 02:23 PM
I would do the window in and out. The appearance of the inside of the window will be visible from the outside and with a dirty inside it will give the look of a dirty window. That will end up taking away form the work that has been done and the customer will see nothing but a dirty window.

Yep that's right, BUT... I am not 24 Yet, and in my country I am still considered as a "Young Driver", and about 99.99% of the cars are NOT insured for guys like me...
So I usually Won't ask for the Key's if it's not necessary...
And yes... A Dirty window is A dirty window... no matter how clean is the other side....
:iagree:

concept1
05-11-2013, 03:19 PM
I agree depending on how dirty the windows are on inside , id do both.There has been times that ive done so much exterior correction and polishing work the Exterior is exterior only......

mjd91
05-11-2013, 03:36 PM
I say in and out. It won't take but a few extra minutes.

Robert8194
05-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I say in and out. It won't take but a few extra minutes.

I agree. It takes very little time and if you leave the interior dirty, the customer will think you did a sorry job. If you get it all clean, they will think you are good at this job. Now, I would not hesitate to point out that you "gave" them interior glass even though they didn't pay for it. People love getting something for free.

Pureshine
05-11-2013, 04:50 PM
I always do inside and out windows on any kind of exterior cleaning.

sawblade
05-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Windows inside and out and run a vacuum over the carpets real quick it only takes 10 mins more and usually gets a return customer.