PDA

View Full Version : best approach to obtain highest gloss.

rackfiller
05-11-2013, 11:35 AM
hello!
i'm going to start working in a new car .the car is in really good
condition ,spent most the year indoors it has custom paint.
the owner is careful when washing the car ,but has some minors swirl in the paint here and there nothing really bad.
i come to you guys for advice,my goal its to bring the paint to the highest gloss i can possible obtain.know perfection come with years of experience and practice which i still don't have , but i learn quick and i really strive to do my best . detailing start
as a hobby but soon has became an addiction:buffing: planning to get my business licence this year.(part time)
this is what i got at hand ,but i don't mind investing a little if
i have to!
Meguiar's
m26,m205,m82,m83,m pure polish and yellow wax
sealant 2.0
klasse high gloss
Meguiar's foam pads 6.58/-Inch Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad, 6.5/8-Inch Soft Buff Foam Cutting Pad, 6.5/8-Inch Soft Buff Foam Finishing.
foam Pad Cyclo Polisher
White Finishing Pad,Green Polishing Pad,Blue Polishing Pads
Orange Light Cutting Pad,Yellow Cutting Pad.
polishers: flex 3401,pc 7424,rotary buffer and Cyclo Polisher

what will be my best choice on products,pads and polishers
which product to start with and to finish .i have till labor day to finish this car so if i have to buy other products i wouldn't mind waiting a couple days .this car if done right will bring me
the type of costumer i'm looking for.will attach some picture.

rmagnus
05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
You have a nice collection of products and tools. Hard to tell with those photos but form them and your description the paint looks to be in very good to excellent condition.

You'll really want to do a test spot to confirm your technique and product. Any of those polisher will work for you.

Flex 3401 finish pad and M205 could be a good starting place. Then move to a polishing pad if you don't get the results your looking for. M205 is very versatile so pad variance can provide you different results. From here you can move to wax. I'd skip the glaze products because after a light polish I think you are going to have a show car finish or close to it. Carnauba wax will provide a deep luster and protection for the paint.

With the tools you have the combinations are endless. Just make sure you do a safe wash and polish a test spot to see what will be required. Try to use the least aggressive product/technique possible to give you your results. That said do not take it to an extreme where you have to be polishing for days to get a light swirl out of the paint.

3401 polish pad M205 3 section passes you should be good to go on that paint. Switch to a finish pad and wax the car. M83 is a very good cleaner polish also but IMO M205 is just hard to beat for polish.

rackfiller
05-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Thank you .
I really apreciate .you taking the time to reply .I was thinking to get some
Ccs or hybrid pads and some poor's boys natty blue wax for this car .will it help me obtain better result ?
it Would be worth my spending on new products?Im the MAN

rmagnus
05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Try Hydro Tech flat pads on your 3401. LC CCS work well also. I don't get all wound up over waxes many work very well. Spend your time polishing and the car will look great.