PDA

View Full Version : I am 16 and trying to start a mobile car wash business

Pages : [1] 2 3

Romym
05-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I am 16 years old and I was thinking on starting a mobile car wash with a friend whose 17 over the summer and possibly on weekends. I was wondering what equipment should I use and what are all of the different cleaning products that I need? I don't want to be caught off guard when I am missing something. I will not be using the 2 bucket method, I will use a pressure washer and possibly a foam cannon. Please list items that I need.

Another thing I was worried about is, does the city cause problems with you about cleaning on public properties such as parking lots and do they cause trouble about water drainage? I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Another thing is what kind of permits do I need besides a business license (which will be under my moms name)?

How much should I charge? Feed back please

stemyx
05-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Mike Phillips posted some great articles that could help you start on your business.

Evan.J
05-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I am 16 years old and I was thinking on starting a mobile car wash with a friend whose 17 over the summer and possibly on weekends. I was wondering what equipment should I use and what are all of the different cleaning products that I need? I don't want to be caught off guard when I am missing something. I will not be using the 2 bucket method, I will use a pressure washer and possibly a foam cannon. Please list items that I need.

Another thing I was worried about is, does the city cause problems with you about cleaning on public properties such as parking lots and do they cause trouble about water drainage? I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. Another thing is what kind of permits do I need besides a business license (which will be under my moms name)?

You will need to check with your local authorities on water restrictions, waste water, and thing else. You will also need to check in with state county and local for what you will need as far as licensing and taxes and proper documentation are concerned.

What all services do you plan to offer? Wash, wax, interior, exterior, and so on. Any paint corrections or interior deep cleaning with carpet extraction? You will want to plan out what you want to offer to your customers.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/64194-500-mobile-detailing-startup-simple-walk-through.html

There are two great article you should read through. The first one by Mike Phillips the second is done by VPMark. Both are well writes and will help you greatly

piranah
05-11-2013, 11:42 AM
First you need to see about insurance. Do that before anything

Sent from my Dell Streak using AG Online

stemyx
05-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes the second one is really good.

GenesisCoupe
05-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Sounds to me like you need to learn some products first. By studying what is out there will make it 1000 times easier to purchase and use. Before i started doing anything i was lurking on AutoGeek for almost 2 years just studying different products, and i am still learning something new almost everyday i go on this site.

You will need different products for different vehicles that you do.

Start by researching different product manufactures. As for water restrictions, go to your village hall. Next, insurance is a must, license, proper vehicle, and much more.

bcope
05-11-2013, 12:11 PM
I would recommend first reading up on ag forum an watching mike Phillips how to's on Ag site. I would then practice on your and/or parent cars. Then sell services to friends and extended family. Take photos to use later of your work.

thebamboo23
05-11-2013, 12:52 PM
3 premium wash
Boars hair brush
Dual Daytona speed brush
3 drying towels
Apc
Super degreaser
Electric blower
Wax
Sealant
Clay
25 mf towels
Pressure washer
Foam cannon
Ladder
Boars hair brush
Tar X
Iron x
Spray wax/sealant
Quick detailer
Shop vac
Different attachments
Extension cord
WW solution
RW solution
Solution to strip wax via cannon
Solution for maintence wash via cannon
Spray bottles
Nozzles
Carts
Trim dressing
Leather conditioner
Leather cleaner

SuperiorAutoLLC
05-11-2013, 02:39 PM
First you need to see about insurance. Do that before anything

Sent from my Dell Streak using AG Online

:iagree: Chances are you will not be able to acquire an insurance policy on your own until you are 18. Even if it's under your mom's name, your mom most likely won't be accompanying you on your details so she'll have to list you as a member on the policy, which will make it skyrocket because of your age.

BradsDetailing
05-11-2013, 02:46 PM
3 premium wash
Boars hair brush
Dual Daytona speed brush
3 drying towels
Apc
Super degreaser
Electric blower
Wax
Sealant
Clay
25 mf towels
Pressure washer
Foam cannon
Ladder
Boars hair brush
Tar X
Iron x
Spray wax/sealant
Quick detailer
Shop vac
Different attachments
Extension cord
WW solution
RW solution
Spray bottles
Nozzles
Carts
Trim dressing
Leather conditioner
Leather cleaner

I think he's doing car wash only:xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
05-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Honestly, you're too young to think about starting any type of business. ;) If you want to wash a few cars here and there with no strings attached, go for it!

BradsDetailing
05-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Honestly, you're too young to think about starting any type of business. ;) If you want to wash a few cars here and there with no strings attached, go for it!

wow, negative nancy over here.

There's a lot of high schooler's that start their own businesses. :props:

Romym
05-11-2013, 04:18 PM
3 premium wash
Boars hair brush
Dual Daytona speed brush
3 drying towels
Apc
Super degreaser
Electric blower
Wax
Sealant
Clay
25 mf towels
Pressure washer
Foam cannon
Ladder
Boars hair brush
Tar X
Iron x
Spray wax/sealant
Quick detailer
Shop vac
Different attachments
Extension cord
WW solution
RW solution
Spray bottles
Nozzles
Carts
Trim dressing
Leather conditioner
Leather cleaner

That helps but yeah I'm only doing car washes: Exterior, interior, wheels, maybe spray wax

Can more people post a list of items that they use in their mobile detailing/washing business?

Romym
05-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Also, do I NEED insurance, and are their any other permits I need besides a business license?

SuperiorAutoLLC
05-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Also, do I NEED insurance, and are their any other permits I need besides a business license?

That's up to you. Put it this way...you screw up ONE time and you and your family could lose everything.