PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good foam cannon?

Pages : [1] 2

Romym
05-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I am trying to start a mobile car wash business and I am kind of on a tight budget. I was looking for foam cannons and I found one at MTM Hydro Adjustable Foam Gun - 32 oz. bottle (http://www.detailing.com/store/mtm-hydro-adjustable-foam-gun-32-oz-bottle.html?gclid=CPOp78q2jrcCFSU6Qgod93YApQ)

It looks similar to the autogeek one and I was wondering if I should buy it?Feed back please

stemyx
05-11-2013, 11:28 AM
I've seen some at amazon or home depot for $19.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008BOXGB2/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?qid=1368289590&sr=8-18&pi=SL75
Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

GenesisCoupe
05-11-2013, 11:29 AM
It should be good enough to get you started. Once your budget increases get a better one or if this one works for you, stick with it. Good luck!

Romym
05-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Do you know if it's any good?

stemyx
05-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Well I found some good reviews on YouTube. You should definitely go check them out!

swanicyouth
05-11-2013, 11:37 AM
MTM is as good as anything out there in my opinion.

These:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/12/ydany8yq.jpg

Are junk IMHO. I've owned both. The reservoir in the Green one is tiny. It just sprays soapy water like a foam gun.

mfergel
05-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I bought something similar. Ultimately it really didn't hold enough to be useful.

theclock12
05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Genesis coupe what are you talking about? Where is a better foam cannon sold for more money?

Jaddie
05-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Dear Romym

Look on Amazon. That cannon can be bought for US$50.

It's arguably the best. It's the very same one that's for sale here for US$120. But if you buy from Amazon, you have to figure out what connector you need and purchase that separately.

This foam cannon has just two competitors—the Camspray and Autobrite cannons. I could be wrong but I don't believe one has been shown to be better than the other.

I have the MTM Hydro and it works very well with my Cleanforce 1800HD pressure washer.

The Tornador foamer is the tool for true shaving-cream consistency foam, but you'd need a very strong compressor for it to be efficient.

Romym
05-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Dear Romym

Look on Amazon. That cannon can be bought for US$50.

It's arguably the best. It's the very same one that's for sale here for US$120. But if you buy from Amazon, you have to figure out what connector you need and purchase that separately.

This foam cannon has just two competitors—the Camspray and Autobrite cannons. I could be wrong but I don't believe one has been shown to be better than the other.

I have the MTM Hydro and it works very well with my Cleanforce 1800HD pressure washer.

The Tornador foamer is the tool for true shaving-cream consistency foam, but you'd need a very strong compressor for it to be efficient.

So you use the MTM hydro? If so what extension do you use with that pressure washer?

statusdetailing
05-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I bought a foam cannon from KO pressure supply, which is based out of Springfield, Mo, for around $50. I love it. Couldn't ask for better performance. It's adjustable from light to heavy foam. The MTM you posted isn't enough cheaper to not just buy the one from AG, imo. It's proven and definitely works.

jvs1991
05-11-2013, 06:05 PM
There's one on eBay and amazon for 60 bucks

jgibson2980
05-11-2013, 06:12 PM
They sell the mtm on water cannon .com for 50 free shipping . I love mine .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Jaddie
05-11-2013, 06:19 PM
The MTM you posted isn't enough cheaper to not just buy the one from AG, imo. It's proven and definitely works.

Dear statusdetailing & Friends

Is this the new math?

The one PBMG sells is the MTM Hydro plus a label and connector.

Jaddie
05-11-2013, 06:26 PM
So you use the MTM hydro? If so what extension do you use with that pressure washer?

Dear Romym

Yes, I use the MTM Hydro. I use it nearly every time I wash. The primary soap I've used is Optimum Car Wash, but I've also used Detailer's Pro Series Xtreme Foam Formula and Blackfire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo. I'm looking forward to trying Chemical Guys's Honeydew Snow Foam and Citrus Wash & Gloss next week.

I bought a connector at Home Depot. It was a standard 1/4" NPT connector. I forgot the gender.

The foamer will work with the gun right out of the box, but you'd have to unscrew the wand from the gun and attach the foamer in its place.