PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6

Pages : [1] 2

ihaveacamaro
05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, this is the sixth episode in a series of videos I'm making called Thrifty vs Fifty.

Essentially I'm comparing two products that can do the same function: one with a low price tag and the other with a high one... and to see if the added price is worth it. Hence, the thrifty vs fifty.

I'm not just going around finding the cheapest and most expensive options out there and comparing them. In my eyes, that comparison would be useless. I am comparing two products that people on forums have highly recommended for a certain task and then if they have big enough different price points, making a video comparison.

Today's episode is on glass cleaners.

Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate vs Invisible Glass Cleaner!

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/jYhf2wWUnDw)

Hope you enjoy!

P.S. I'm going to be taking a hiatus next week from the May Reviews Challenge as I won't be in Gainesville to make any videos.

P.P.S. Bob, got a Mother's Day themed review for you tomorrow :props:

zmanjohn
05-10-2013, 05:29 PM
:dblthumb2: Nice, I also used the Invisable Glass, loved it and was my goto glass cleaner, until I started looking at the costs. I am not a fan or Meguiar's, but I have to finish up my bottle of See Spray glass cleaner concetrate, that works pretty well aslo.
Thanks aslo for the tip of distilled water, I generally just use filter water, but I guess that distilled would not have any contaminates.

Thanks for the videos, always look forward to them.:coolgleam:

Bill

Evan.J
05-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Nice review Roshan! Megs is definitely the way to go for cost and results. I have 3 bottles of DP's Krystal glass cleaner once those are gone I'll be getting the D120

Fast Eddie
05-10-2013, 06:34 PM
D120 has been my go to glass cleaner for years, it works great and is priced right.

hoyt66
05-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Perfect timing. I just ordered a gallon of D120 after years of using Invis glass. Good to see I made the right decision. Thanks for the review

ihaveacamaro
05-10-2013, 07:31 PM
:dblthumb2: Nice, I also used the Invisable Glass, loved it and was my goto glass cleaner, until I started looking at the costs. I am not a fan or Meguiar's, but I have to finish up my bottle of See Spray glass cleaner concetrate, that works pretty well aslo.
Thanks aslo for the tip of distilled water, I generally just use filter water, but I guess that distilled would not have any contaminates.

Thanks for the videos, always look forward to them.:coolgleam:

Bill

Thanks for watching Bill! On price, Megs D120 is the best value anywhere for glass cleaner... even if you don't like megs ;)

Nice review Roshan! Megs is definitely the way to go for cost and results. I have 3 bottles of DP's Krystal glass cleaner once those are gone I'll be getting the D120

Nice username change :props:

I think you will be happy! Honestly, glass cleaner must not be hard to formulate. So many companies make great glass cleaners that I just go with the cheapest: Meguiar's D120.

D120 has been my go to glass cleaner for years, it works great and is priced right.

Agreed! :props:

Perfect timing. I just ordered a gallon of D120 after years of using Invis glass. Good to see I made the right decision. Thanks for the review

Let us know how you feel about it... I think you'll love it :dblthumb2:

Saluki2003
05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I also bought the D120 and in my limited experience its way better than anything I've ever tried before...and CHEAPER! Especially if you go with the gallon.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AG Online

Breakwater
05-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Excellent series you have here. As someone who is new to this hobby, I like learning about cheaper alternatives.

jgibson2980
05-10-2013, 09:17 PM
D120 . Is the bomb . I use this for my detailing business . I was an invisible glass guy but with cost and all I had to find something else. So my supply guy introduces me to d120. Purchased a gallon a year ago and still have about a half a gallon left . And for the price of a gallon you can't go wronge with that . Plus it smells great .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Breakwater
05-10-2013, 11:05 PM
D120 . Is the bomb . I use this for my detailing business . I was an invisible glass guy but with cost and all I had to find something else. So my supply guy introduces me to d120. Purchased a gallon a year ago and still have about a half a gallon left . And for the price of a gallon you can't go wronge with that . Plus it smells great .

Does the d120 have any rain repellent qualities?

Durallymax
05-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Have ben using sprayway but may have to try D120

ihaveacamaro
05-10-2013, 11:32 PM

It's just a cleaner.

jgibson2980
05-11-2013, 08:57 AM

I use it on all my customers cars and personal vehicles . It doesent say it is an repellent . But it does make the water bead up on all the vehicles I use it on .

FUNX650
05-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate vs Invisible Glass Cleaner!

Hope you enjoy!

P.P.S. Bob, got a Mother's Day themed review for you tomorrow :props:
-I always enjoy your videos, Roshan.

-Yes, indeed, Meg's D120 is an excellent, cost-efficient glass cleaner!
That goes for not only auto-glass, but around the house as well...IMHO.

-And: thanks in advance for your upcoming Mother's Day themed review.

:)

Bob

Breakwater
05-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I use it on all my customers cars and personal vehicles . It doesent say it is an repellent . But it does make the water bead up on all the vehicles I use it on .

Thanks.