PDA

View Full Version : New Bouncers vs Souveran

BobbyK
05-10-2013, 08:54 AM
So I finally decided to pull the trigger on PS and now I see the launch of Bouncers wax and more specifically CTR and Vanilla Ice. So now my question is, how do these compare? I couldn't find many reviews but want to make sure I make the right decision as i don't know how many $100 waxes I could justify owning! Thanks!

Wheelzntoys
05-10-2013, 10:32 AM
PS is a show wax and comes highly recommended by many.

You have other waxes in you arsenal? It can get expensive chasing down the ultimate shine.

BobbyK
05-10-2013, 11:03 AM

You have other waxes in you arsenal? It can get expensive chasing down the ultimate shine.

Ever since I started browsing AG, I've gone to the dark side of sealants for protection. I simply want a great carnauba based on looks alone on a black car. Here in Ohio, I'm lucky to get 3 days in a row without rain so I tend to frequently reapply nuba so durability isn't a factor. In the winter I will run layers of 845 on both vehicles. Thanks for the reply!

Wheelzntoys
05-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Ever since I started browsing AG, I've gone to the dark side of sealants for protection. I simply want a great carnauba based on looks alone on a black car. Here in Ohio, I'm lucky to get 3 days in a row without rain so I tend to frequently reapply nuba so durability isn't a factor. In the winter I will run layers of 845 on both vehicles. Thanks for the reply!

Perfect, sounds like you made the right choice. Post pics and thoughts on PS when you use it.

ArkayoDeetayo
05-10-2013, 11:57 AM

since you like "sealants" and want a great look on "black"... instead of capture the rapture or souveran, get the Blackfire BlackIce

BobbyK
05-10-2013, 12:24 PM

since you like "sealants" and want a great look on "black"... instead of capture the rapture or souveran, get the Blackfire BlackIce

$150 is a bit too rich for my blood at the moment. Sub 100 is somewhat (not really) justifiable!

swanicyouth
05-10-2013, 12:25 PM
I have Souverän on my car now and will be replacing it with Capture the Rapture shortly. I'll do a full comparison. I was wondering the same thing, but I took a risk and bought CTR instead of refilling Souverän.

BobbyK
05-10-2013, 12:44 PM
I have Souverän on my car now and will be replacing it with Capture the Rapture shortly. I'll do a full comparison. I was wondering the same thing, but I took a risk and bought CTR instead of refilling Souverän.

From everything I've read about the Bouncers brand of waxes... I have to believe their top end product is exceptional. Just tough to make the decision when Souveran is held in such high regard!

SON1C
05-10-2013, 12:47 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61992-son1c-synopsis-34-bouncer-s-wax-sherbet-fizz-review.html

why not start with something like this?
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/SON1C%20The%20Hedgehog/SON1C%20March%202013/null_zps4980bdee.jpg

BobbyK
05-13-2013, 11:35 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61992-son1c-synopsis-34-bouncer-s-wax-sherbet-fizz-review.html

why not start with something like this?
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab134/Elias101a/SON1C%20The%20Hedgehog/SON1C%20March%202013/null_zps4980bdee.jpg

How does Sherbet Fizz compare to CG 5050? I've had a change of heart on dropping 100 on a Nuba as I have way too many other needs.

FUNX650
05-13-2013, 12:16 PM
-Ever since I started browsing AG, I've gone to the dark side of sealants for protection.

-I simply want a great carnauba based on looks alone on a black car.
Here in Ohio, I'm lucky to get 3 days in a row without rain
so I tend to frequently reapply nuba so durability isn't a factor.

In the winter I will run layers of 845 on both vehicles.

Thanks for the reply!
Since I, too, live in Ohio:
-Would you mind letting me know how Pinnacle Souveran differs in the:
"looks category"...from Collinite #845?

Also:
-Being that Collinite #845 is praised and regarded so highly...and so often...
What are your thoughts on why an Ohioan wouldn't have a film-layer (or two)
of Collinite #845 on their vehicles year 'round.

Thanks.

:)

Bob

BobbyK
05-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Since I, too, live in Ohio:
-Would you mind letting me know how Pinnacle Souveran differs in the:
"looks category"...from Collinite #845?

Also:
-Being that Collinite #845 is praised and regarded so highly...and so often...
What are your thoughts on why an Ohioan wouldn't have a film-layer (or two)
of Collinite #845 on their vehicles year 'round.

Thanks.

:)

Bob
On my silver Impreza, I have been using the klasse twins topped with a few layers of 845 yearround. Results have been fantastic... But I'm thinking about going with 476 this winter to compare. My wife's black Venza is the vehicle in question and the same winter prep with Collinites will be done. However during the 3 months of decent weather we get, I want to show off my polishing work with 4* upp topped with a higher end Nuba!

ScottB
05-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Souveran has a glow and depth not seen in many waxes. Its best to consider the sampler size if you feel its too expensive initially.