PDA

View Full Version : Ultima line up

Pages : [1] 2 3

Strokin04
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Is anyone going to try out the new Ultima line that is about to come out? Also will AG be selling this line or is considered one of AG's competitors? I went to the website for it and the prices look IMO on the high side but, if has the durablilty and wow factor it claims then it might be worth it. The one thing I would like to try is the elastrofoam that is suppose to replace clay.

Al-53
05-24-2007, 01:07 PM
They look a little to rich for my blood...70.00 for a sealant and 40 for a tire gloss...they may be top notch...but just a little high for me...I have stuff tat lasts 6 months..how long do I need it to last...plus in the summer I play with alot of different products to test..and winter time its to cold to do anything...LOL...

But if they are as good as David says..they will be worth it to some....I believe they will be good...

AL

CalgaryDetail
05-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Im sure I will end up trying them. I seem to need to try everything atleast once...
I dont know when, probley after a few more pay checks but I think its worth a shot

orngez
05-24-2007, 01:52 PM
other than the elastrafoam clay block...i dont think i will be trying anything else...

klumzypinoy
05-24-2007, 02:28 PM
I just wanna try that foam clay block thingy

Al-53
05-24-2007, 02:50 PM
next time TexasTB is on ask him about it...he has one.. I do not think David has any exclusive on them......his Distrib gave him one to try out....i also think Malco has them now...ask him he tried it..think he posted in here also about it

Al

ScottB
05-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I have it on good word we will likely be one of the first resellers for the line. Having tried the original samples and polycharger seperately, I am looking forward to it. That said, I agree that pricing seems a little outside the normal ballpark and must be tremendous or it will immediately get moved to backshelve.

Pats300zx
05-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I have been beta testing the new Ultima products for a few weeks. This line along with the new Ultimate Detailing Machine is great. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with these products.

dengood1
05-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I have been beta testing the new Ultima products for a few weeks. This line along with the new Ultimate Detailing Machine is great. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with these products.

autodetailingsolutions has the clay block I believe you are referring to.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/_borders/New%20Sign%20Insert.gif Advanced Technology
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Body%20Sponge_small.jpg (http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/Body%20Sponge.jpg)
Just released! New innovative rubber polymer product redefines the use of clay bars. Safely and easily removes overspray, water spots, tree sap, rail dust, bugs and other bonded surface contaminants from the surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic. May be used with any kind of Quik Detailer type of product as a lubricant. May also be used with soap and water. Sponge retains soap and water and releases as a lubricant when gently squeezed while gliding over the surface. Unlike a clay bar this product can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminates with water or in a soap bucket. Accidentally dropping it on the ground is not a problem. Just rinse the sponge pad clean and you're ready to keep using it. Easy grip sponge allows for sturdy and controlled handling, unlike clay bars where constant kneading and reshaping is required. Use up to 30 times before needing to be discarded.*Comes with easy to use instructions and tips. In stock!
Hi-Tech Body Sponge™ $27.99
Online Introductory Price
$22.95

Mr Dream Machines
05-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Price is definately a problem for us international boys but since it's made by the Four star team of rick and gary over in sarasota (I think), the gear should be even better than the ultimate line.

the tire sealant should be worth it. hopefully it will be match or better the sonus tire gel. gets expensive using this professionally but worth it.

ScottB
05-30-2007, 08:04 AM
I have contemplated this line for several days after seeing the pricing it will be released at. Even though it stabs at Zaino for durability, and polycharger is quite expensive on its own, its gonna be darn hard to sell a paint sealant for 70.00 and a tire protectant for 40.00. I hope the pricing is seriously reconsidered otherwise I will be looking to share a purchase.

Bob Who
05-30-2007, 08:10 AM
This ultima line is for 'studs' who throw around money .. it's not for the people who think 70$ is a lot of money !!!!
I don't see price coming down !!!!

Al-53
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
The new Ultima line will be a hard sell to me....It would have to have some Elf magic in it...at the MSRP prices listed it is a very expensive system..It may be very good stuff....but how good....I have tried the polycharger and it really did nothing for me...It may have added a little more slickness to the product..but I question the durability extension...slickness really means nothing in terms of protection...and it can be boosted weekly or monthly using a product that induces it cheaper..

Looking at the Ultima products...to get a paint maintenance system it would cost me 118.00 for the sealant....bonding agent and QD....now that's just for paint..and not including a shampoo....tire dressing....interior stuff...

I will just wait till it comes out and watch the reports and results and longevity results...

But as I said..it may be a great product....but a little rich for me at this time..

Al

Tex Star Detail
05-30-2007, 09:20 AM
The foam block (clay) is not really my cup of tea.
I have tested it on many cars, and every time, it looked like someone took fine grit sand paper to the surface. It left a lot of light scratches. I have tried numerous lubes. (except a gel lube).

Though it does work great, I probably will be sticking to the old fashioned type clay. You can drop it and just rinse it off, which is another good perk.

klumzypinoy
05-31-2007, 02:01 AM
The foam block (clay) is not really my cup of tea.
I have tested it on many cars, and every time, it looked like someone took fine grit sand paper to the surface. It left a lot of light scratches. I have tried numerous lubes. (except a gel lube).

Though it does work great, I probably will be sticking to the old fashioned type clay. You can drop it and just rinse it off, which is another good perk.

Thanks for the info! Now I won't even think of trying it :)