PDA

View Full Version : washing mud splattered car

Chito
05-10-2013, 01:19 AM
what is the best way of cleaning mud splattered cars, particularly on the lower parts? i am thinking of using a foam gun, let it dwell a bit, then using a sponge to remove the mud. I am afraid of using a microfibre wash mitt since its going to be contaminated. also afraid of using a brush. please share your methods. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AG Online

Pureshine
05-10-2013, 01:22 AM
I just use my foam canon and then power wash off and then a 2 bucket wash.

hernandez.art13
05-10-2013, 01:44 AM
I just use my foam canon and then power wash off and then a 2 bucket wash.

Just trying to get an idea of what you guys do, like someone like you PureShine...

The foam cannon blasts all the mud off, then you do a regular 2 bucket method?

Pureshine
05-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Just trying to get an idea of what you guys do, like someone like you PureShine...

The foam cannon blasts all the mud off, then you do a regular 2 bucket method?

I use the foam to loosing the mud and dirt and then use your power wash the rest off.

hernandez.art13
05-10-2013, 01:55 AM
I use the foam to loosing the mud and dirt and then use your power wash the rest off.

Gotcha thank you

oldmodman
05-10-2013, 02:53 AM
If the car (or truck) is caked in dried mud I park the car on a lawn and put a sprinkler under it to loosen the mud on the chassis first. Then I aim the sprinkler at the sides until the mud is mostly washed off. Then foam the vehicle (if you have a foamer). Let the foam work for five minutes or so and wash it all off. Do not touch the surface at this point. After washing off the foam look at the surface to see if most of the mud has been washed off. Repeat the foaming until as much mud and residue as possible has fallen off. Then proceed to wash the surface. The reason for all these steps is that mud contains grit, gravel, and even rocks and you sure don't want to be dragging that across the finish.

Chito
05-11-2013, 12:23 AM
i only have a foam gun and it doesnt seem to get ALL of the mud out. im not sure if all the abrasive stuff is gone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AG Online