PDA

View Full Version : How Should I Start?

Pages : [1] 2

stemyx
05-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Hello everyone, i love washing cars and i have a little part time business going on. I'm not a proffesional detailer because i am just a teenager trying to get happy customers and get them to "Drive Clean". I have already washed several people's cars and i need a little feedback!! So how can i get more customers? what should i say when they tell me "you charge too much"? Or am I being judged for being a 15 year old and assuming i'm probably doing simple quick "Sunday" washes?
Your Feedback Is Very Much Appreciated!
Feed back please

Pureshine
05-08-2013, 08:39 PM
If your just washing cars are you using the 2 bucket method? If your not you should be doing that so you don't Mar their paint.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8vs7dEIwk]Autogeek.net Wash Bucket Systems - YouTube[/video]

dorkiedoode
05-08-2013, 08:44 PM
you have to explain to them why you're not a Sunday car wash or funding for school field trip. explain to them the steps you're doing. tell them your method is safe and won't mar their paint.

thebamboo23
05-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Tell us your process, what you provide, products, tools, etc

stemyx
05-08-2013, 10:13 PM
So what I do is:
Wash and dry wheels and tires
Wash & dry (two bucket method)
Clean door jams
Vacuum
Leather treatment
Detail plastic, vinyl, rubber dashboards
Clean windows
Wax
Dress tires
Since I am a "production" detailer, I don't buy expensive products so i Just stick with the consumer products like Meguiars. And everyday, I spend countless hours watching reviews, how-to's and techinques. I do my research and make sure I do everything right.

bjd77070
05-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Find something unique or desirable by customers that others aren't providing. For instance, here in Austin we're often under severe water restrictions, so offering a waterless car wash is incredibly popular.

Also, you can differentiate yourself by providing other value-added services. Headlight restoration, windshield chip removal, small dent removal. This can increase the value of each job and provide recurring revenue from the same client. Examples of all our services can be found at car detailing Austin TX (http://austindetailing.com).

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

GenesisCoupe
05-10-2013, 06:42 AM
I started cleaning cars when i was about 17/18 years old for family/co-workers, i got my customers from word of mouth. Being that you are not insured or have a business license, you cannot advertise your services as then the government will want you to pay taxes from your profits. Plus if you do something to a car, causing the need for repair, your customer will now have something to sue you for as you are not an official business. In summary, it's tricky, however it can be done, mainly by word of mouth.

Don't give up and keep learning, you will get to that level soon!

stemyx
05-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Cool! Yeah I assumed that customers come by the word of mouth and can't really advertise as much. But thanks for the feedback!!

VP Mark
05-10-2013, 07:51 PM
I assume your prices are pretty reasonable due to your age and relative lack of experience, so when people say you charge too much, explain to them your process and tell them that you would like to have the chance to earn their business.

I use the earning their business phrase on dealerships, high end clientele, repeat customers, everyone.

It lets them know that you are confident in your prices and service offerings, and that if they will take a chance you are going to do everything possible to make them satisfied.

It works, be confident in yourself. At your age you could even go door to door in your neighborhood and ask neighbors if they want their cars cleaned or know anyone who does.

sproketser
05-10-2013, 08:24 PM
It s nice to see a serious teenager doing what you re doing mate , not fooling around & all that , you re on a great patt in here , keep it on .

Evan.J
05-10-2013, 08:28 PM
I assume your prices are pretty reasonable due to your age and relative lack of experience, so when people say you charge too much, explain to them your process and tell them that you would like to have the chance to earn their business.

I use the earning their business phrase on dealerships, high end clientele, repeat customers, everyone.

It lets them know that you are confident in your prices and service offerings, and that if they will take a chance you are going to do everything possible to make them satisfied.

It works, be confident in yourself. At your age you could even go door to door in your neighborhood and ask neighbors if they want their cars cleaned or know anyone who does.

Solid information Mark as always. :props:

stemyx
05-11-2013, 01:42 AM
It s nice to see a serious teenager doing what you re doing mate , not fooling around & all that , you re on a great patt in here , keep it on .

Thank you! And its like a hobby of mine. I just love cleaning cars and hope to go somewhere with this.

sproketser
05-11-2013, 05:58 AM
Thank you! And its like a hobby of mine. I just love cleaning cars and hope to go somewhere with this.

Wish you good luck buddy !

vet
05-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Like Evan.J says, explain your process, perhaps mention the products used. You might ask some of your customers if they would mind giving you a reference. Or, if they would fill out a comment sheet you could use. A simple ''Tell your friends'' might even help get the ball rolling.

Good luck!

hernandez.art13
05-11-2013, 07:33 AM
"Drive Clean" is a cool slogan maybe even business name.