PDA

View Full Version : Which car shows do you watch on TV?

Pages : [1] 2

SR99
05-08-2013, 06:58 PM
and which do you like (or dislike)?

You can list cancelled shows if you want.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
05-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Car crazy,chasing classic cars,Top Gear, Overhaulin, Pass time, Pinks, R U faster than a redneck, just to name a few

longdx
05-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Favorites:
Top Gear (UK)
Counting Cars
Top Gear (US///getting better seems to have found their way)
Overhaulin (new shows on Velocity)
Wheeler Dealers (on Velocity now)
GearZ
Chasing Classic Cars

MadMerc
05-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Wheeler Dealers
Chasing Classic Cars
Legendary Motorcars

Shortspark
05-09-2013, 05:10 AM
Wheeler Dealers, Fifth Gear, Chasing Classic Cars, Top Gear.

sunday joe
05-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Motoring 2013
Truck U
Top Gear UK
GearZ
2 Guy's Garage---Mainly to see if they can speak without excessive ten finger hand gesures. ( They can't)

BillyJack
05-09-2013, 06:23 AM
Wheeler Dealers
Counting Cars
Car Chasers
Texas Car Wars
Chasing Classic Cars
Horsepower TV
Muscle Car
Car Fix
Gearz
Trucks
Overhaulin'
Cafe Racer
Two Guys Garage
Truck U
Desert Car Kings
Anything with Sam Memmolo or Mike Phillips

Assembling this list brought me to a realization;I need a life!

Thankfully, my FIOS DVR is programmed only to record new episodes, so the weekly volume of shows recorded is only about 20% of the list at most. I don't watch anything live, so tabbing through the commercial breaks on the DVR reduces a half-hour show to about 20 minutes.

Bill

MPBGT
05-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Pretty much any of the shows on velocity and the powerblock on spike. Something that has been bugging me about many of the shows is that it seems many of them have just become half hour commercials for their sponsors. Many, not all seem to also just be a show about bolting on new or reproduction parts instead of restoring salvageable originals. Don't get me wrong reproductions/crate engines etc have their place, but its far more impressive to see real restorations.

donb
05-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Not in this order but...
Wheeler Dealers
Counting Cars
Texas Car Wars
Chasing Classic Cars
Gearz
Overhaulin'
Desert Car Kings
Fast and Loud

tapp1
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Pretty much any of the shows on velocity and the powerblock on spike. Something that has been bugging me about many of the shows is that it seems many of them have just become half hour commercials for their sponsors. Many, not all seem to also just be a show about bolting on new or reproduction parts instead of restoring salvageable originals. Don't get me wrong reproductions/crate engines etc have their place, but its far more impressive to see real restorations.

I agree! That's why I enjoy watching wheeler dealers. Seems much more realistic and relatable. I also enjoy watching chasing classic cars and fast n loud. Velocity would have a hit if they made a US version of wheeler dealers that didn't involve bolting on the latest from edlebrock and from jegs.

Sent from my HTC One X using AG Online

jvs1991
05-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Wheeler dealers
Fast n loud
Chasing classic cars
Inside west coast customs (lol)
Desert car kings (bunch of hacks)
Overhaulin
And whatever else happens to be on velocity

Bill1234
05-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Lots and lots of Fast and Loud, very funny show

Some overhaulin
Truck-somewhat interesting, I dont own a truck so I cant say anything good or bad about it.

Muscle car-also interesting

pickles
05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Watch the Mechum auto auctions only portions though not all 5-6 hours that it's on, Desert car kings, chasing classic cars.

Blackthorn One
05-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Wheeler Dealers
Chasing Classic Cars
American Hot Rod (reruns, I know)
Barret-Jackson Auction
Top Gear
Inside West Coast Customs

South Beach Classics

Dogfather
05-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Adam-12.