PDA

View Full Version : Water filter - which one?

supercharged
05-23-2007, 10:04 PM
I probably wanna use this 15% sale offer to get some Menzerna polishes, and some other stuff.
Which one the two water filtration kits would you get - Total Filter kit (1step), or Deluxe filter system (2step)??? Is there a significant difference between thse two as far as water filtration/purity?

Feed back please from those whou already tried it.

TIA.

ehuth1
05-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Well I thought I would toss this in. Wal-Mart has a RV Water filter with a no - kink hose that comes along with it. This particular filter cost $17 + tax and filters out Aluminum, Bacteria, Bad Taste, Cadmium, Chlorine, Fungus, Heavy Metals, Hydrogen Sulfide, Iron, Lead, Mercury, Mold, Odor, Turbidity, Sediment !!!
http://camco.net/images/LargeProduct/40043.jpg

supercharged
05-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Well I thought I would toss this in. Wal-Mart has a RV Water filter with a no - kink hose that comes along with it. This particular filter cost $17 + tax and filters out Aluminum, Bacteria, Bad Taste, Cadmium, Chlorine, Fungus, Heavy Metals, Hydrogen Sulfide, Iron, Lead, Mercury, Mold, Odor, Turbidity, Sediment !!!
http://camco.net/images/LargeProduct/40043.jpg
How long does the filter last? Can it be replaced? Refills?

ehuth1
05-23-2007, 10:41 PM
3 Months is what the box claims. I am buying another tomorrow since mine is almost hit it's due date. I also run this in line with my PW and fill my mobile tank as well. The water is aqua blue when it's in my tank. I'm not sure what makes it appear this color, but it could explain that water is CLEAN.

Jimmie
05-23-2007, 10:50 PM
The one element that you want to get out is calcium=water spots. Go with the 'water softener" filter and your life will be much easier in the summer sun. Mine took all of the frustration out of racing to get the car dry.

mingraygt
05-24-2007, 05:14 AM
3 Months is what the box claims. I am buying another tomorrow since mine is almost hit it's due date. I also run this in line with my PW and fill my mobile tank as well. The water is aqua blue when it's in my tank. I'm not sure what makes it appear this color, but it could explain that water is CLEAN.Did it cut down on your water pressure any?? I had one hooked up to my water hose and lost alot of my pressure.
Thanks Ryan

D
05-24-2007, 05:58 AM
Im using the total filter kit with the water softener filter. Greatly reduced water spots.

ehuth1
05-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Did it cut down on your water pressure any?? I had one hooked up to my water hose and lost alot of my pressure.
Thanks Ryan

I didn't notice any loss in pressure. I use the same PW on my mobile unit and they both feel the same. The mobile unit flows straight through the karcher on my truck and the home unit flows through 50ft of hose and the filter.

ScottB
05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I dont like the little version offered for traveling and suspect it only reduces on a smaller scale. I would personally buy the two filter kit, and have been waiting to test one for months. I hear that pellets are quick and easy to recharge and this system is the best other than a CRSpotless system which also uses some negative ion charge.

supercharged
05-24-2007, 05:53 PM
I dont like the little version offered for traveling and suspect it only reduces on a smaller scale. I would personally buy the two filter kit, and have been waiting to test one for months. I hear that pellets are quick and easy to recharge and this system is the best other than a CRSpotless system which also uses some negative ion charge.
Thanks, I think I'll give it a try.

Whitethunder46
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
I love my water softener filter. I don't have the sediment filter, and to this date, I don't plan on getting it. My water at my house is extremelyyyy hard, and I got about 6-7 washes out of it before re-charging. 24 hours later it was as good as new.

I've said many times, it does still leave just as many water spots. The difference? They wipe right off and you only need to use a MF towel. No need for a quick detailer or anything, the spots are literally like dust.
I usually do this:
wash entire car
by the time I'm done, some areas are already dried by the sun, but I then clay so any water spots are taken up by the clay lube.

When I do dry the entire car, I pre-wet the windows w/ water/vingar 50/50. Dry them, then dry the rest of the car. Any decent glass cleaner will then wipe off any streaks from the water/vinegar mix. When I finish detailing a car, the windows look sooooooo good.

I've not noticed any drop in pressure whether using a pressure washer or reg. hose.

Hope this has helped some, here is how I run mine:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL554517.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL554743.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/SL554742.jpg

trlblazer3
05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I just ordered the deluxe system today along with the Menzerna intro kit and DP Plex-All. I've been interested in these kits for a while now, and with 15% off I decided to take the plunge. I thought about only getting the one filter setup, but we run off well water so I'm sure there's some sediment creeping up along the way. Can't wait to try it out!