PDA

View Full Version : What do you use...

Lexi65
05-08-2013, 03:12 PM
to keep the wool wash mitt "open" for drying. Don't want to put in clothes dryer. Hope someone has some ingenious solution!Feed back please

cplchris
05-08-2013, 03:26 PM
i use a pva absorber to dry my mitt as much as possible then set it on top of a grit guard to dry 100%

Lexi65
05-08-2013, 04:23 PM
i use a pva absorber to dry my mitt as much as possible then set it on top of a grit guard to dry 100%

If I do the GDWM with car shampoo and water, I will have
several wash mitts. Just think there must be a simple solution.

Dr_Pain
05-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Why don't you use some perforated pipe like this pound filter?

http://www.pondshop.com/catalog/04-perfpipeblkwht.jpg

You could set up a couple of lengths, in the diameter you need, secured perpendicular to a perforated plate (like a grit guard), which you could set atop a shop fan set horizontally? I hope it makes sense? Basically your shop fan would be blowing towards the ceiling and the contraption would be sitting on top with the mitts inserted on the perforated tubes

mdb917
05-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I turn mine inside out and hang them on an inside clothes line. The ones with thumbs are a royal pain to do that with as an FYI.

ScottB
05-08-2013, 05:50 PM
use MF towels for washing instead ....

mdb917
05-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Scott - what a great idea. Never thought of that. Thanks!! :props:

skubasteve!
05-08-2013, 06:20 PM
What about a boot dryer?

Setec Astronomy
05-08-2013, 07:29 PM
My friend Jr. came up with this a long time ago when she used to use wool mitts--pint water bottle, or I'm sure you could use some other beverage bottle. She used to use an empty one, but if you're worried about the mitt falling over, fill it up with (tap) water.

panthercz
05-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Used my wash mit twice and said; "screw this stupid thing." I now have 3 'Bone' microfiber wash sponges. They go in the wash with my waffle weave drying towels and then into the dryer on low.

2BlackChevys
05-08-2013, 08:28 PM
I just clamp them to the rail for the garage door and let them drip/hang dry.

Bunky
05-09-2013, 11:05 AM
I use a folded up clothes hanger so it is shaped like a W ..metal bottom is push up in center.

swanicyouth
05-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Not sure if this is the best method, as the inside isn't "open", but I put it on top of a 32 oz Detailer's Pride Bottle (w/I sprayer). I works well and all sides dry evenly.

Think of the glove going down the bottling line at the beginning of Laverne and Shirley...

"Give us any chance we'll take it, give us any rule we'll break it, we're going to make your dreams come true"

B-M-D
05-09-2013, 11:29 AM
You guys don't just wash it in the washer and put it in the dryer on a delicate setting?

Setec Astronomy
05-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Used my wash mit twice and said; "screw this stupid thing." I now have 3 'Bone' microfiber wash sponges. They go in the wash with my waffle weave drying towels and then into the dryer on low.

Yeah, the wool mitts didn't hold up too well for me either (although they worked really well). I prefer wash pads to mitts anyway, so I have a variety of MF wash media, from the Bones to the muppet-head sponges and pads, and a few grout sponges.

You guys don't just wash it in the washer and put it in the dryer on a delicate setting?

That sounds like a plan, I honestly can't remember if I tried that.