PDA

View Full Version : Question on this Opimum wax..

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
05-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Im looking for two things:
1. a WW I can dilute to a QD for in between washes ( ONRWW )
2. a spray wax that I can follow up the QD with....

Now on #2, I seen Optimum has a liquid wax. Im guessing its a spray wax? ( Optimum Car Wax 128 oz. Refill Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/opcarwa1ga.html) ) reason I ask is because in the FAQs at the end of the page it talks about DA application? Can I just use it as a normal spray wax and wipe on then buff off?

That wax is compatible with the ONRWW right?

What about what I normally use, collinite 845?

07rs
05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
The optimum wax is what I use on most cars, spray on wipe off, it is durable, and leaves a nine shine

07gtcs
05-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I use the Optimum spray wax and like it. Also have some Pinnacle Spray wax I use when I show my Mustang.

dooyaunastan
05-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)

and yes, Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax. I don't think any particular QD would be incompatible with any particular wax, be it OCW or 845.

david79z28
05-08-2013, 04:30 PM
I use optimum spray wax over 845 and have no issues.

mwoolfso
05-08-2013, 04:38 PM
what makes OCW stand out is that it has the durability of a liquid or paste wax... MINIMUM 3 months is what I have seen personally. because of this fact, applying after every QD is probably overkill. you will not regret this purchase. also, as a matter of course I would recommend ONR rather than ONRWW. I think they are similarly priced so.....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

wanabe detailer
05-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I also use 845 and Optimum spray wax. I wash with ONRWW and once a month use Optimum spray wax to help prolong 845 between full details

ScottB
05-08-2013, 05:54 PM
It will stand on its own, and looks good and the protection is more durable than most other spray waxes. A great product and indeed a spray wax not a detail spray.

conthedon
05-08-2013, 05:54 PM
For in between washes use ONR its less expensive by $10 retail can use it as a rinseless wash or QD but personally id buy the optimum instant detailer/gloss enhancer its worth it and smells like bubble gum lol.. and then just use optimum spray wax, its a wipe on wipe off product (no machine needed). I use onrww only for winter since it gets too cold to apply fresh wax.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Okay I'm getting a bit confused... Can I use ONRWW or ONR as an in between either full wash or dilute as a QD in between washes? Then I can top with optimum spray wax right ?
Those two would be my goto for in between washes.

My normal washes are two bucket soap and water followed by collinite 845. I'm going to throw on a coat or two of the optimum opti-seal soon too. Then collinite over that

mwoolfso
05-08-2013, 07:31 PM
My normal washes are two bucket soap and water followed by collinite 845. I'm going to throw on a coat or two of the optimum opti-seal soon too. Then collinite over that

Seriously? After every wash you follow-up with 845? And you want to put a coat or two of Opti-seal, and then another layer of 845? I can see why you are confused; it's called Major Product Infatuation Syndrome.

conthedon
05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Okay I'm getting a bit confused... Can I use ONRWW or ONR as an in between either full wash or dilute as a QD in between washes? Then I can top with optimum spray wax right ?
Those two would be my goto for in between washes.

You can use either as in between washes and/or QD. The only difference in product is ONRWW has a little wax in it. Since you will have protection on the car with the spray wax and opti seal, it would be more cost efficient to use ONR as a rinseless wash or QD since its 40 retail vs 50 retail for ONRWW. Therefore my opinion using ONRWW would be overkill...but yea you can top it off with spray wax..but each spray wax, opti seal, collinite would be a one shot deal and youre good for up to 5 months or so. Or you can reapply spray wax since its fast after 3 months or sooner if you wish.

conthedon
05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Seriously? After every wash you follow-up with 845? And you want to put a coat or two of Opti-seal, and then another layer of 845? I can see why you are confused; it's called Major Product Infatuation Syndrome.

Lol

MrOneEyedBoh
05-08-2013, 07:46 PM
No. I was saying that would be my normal care. I would most likely do collinite every 4 months

Thanks conthedon. I got ya now on the ONR. And the length of time collinite, opti-seal etc and how long they last... I see the overlap.

conthedon
05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
No. I was saying that would be my normal care. I would most likely do collinite every 4 months

Thanks conthedon. I got ya now on the ONR. And the length of time collinite, opti-seal etc and how long they last... I see the overlap.

No problem.