PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to go crazy!

mfrickman
05-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Not having a garage or a place to actually take the time and clay and use an AIO on my new car with the factory installed swirls is driving me absolutely insane. I get the car washed and dried and everything is going good but not 30 seconds later bugs, leaves, and dirt attach to the damn paint. I feel like I risk scratching the paint while I clay and whenever I break out the DA to polish.

Am I overreacting or would investing in an EZ-up or something of that nature really benefit me? I also do mobile detailing part-time but haven't had an issue because I've had places to pull the car into and haven't been stuck with the sun or debris on the car.

</vent>:buffing:

Thanks in advance for any help.

SuperiorAutoLLC
05-07-2013, 11:00 PM
You will be very happy with an EZ-up. I had a 10x10, but now I have a 12x12, which I suggest going with.

mfrickman
05-07-2013, 11:13 PM
As far as setting it up on the "road", what would you recommend for weighing it down? I'd REALLY hate having to fix someone's paint after the wind catches it and a leg catches a door panel.

SuperiorAutoLLC
05-07-2013, 11:18 PM
As far as setting it up on the "road", what would you recommend for weighing it down? I'd REALLY hate having to fix someone's paint after the wind catches it and a leg catches a door panel.

Get some 3" PVC and 8 caps. Cut about 3' of pipe and cap one end. Repeat 4 times. Fill with either cement or playground sand. On the remaining 4 caps, drill an eye bolt through the cap, then cap the ends of the pipe. Hang from the tent with bungee cords or rope. It won't move.