PDA

View Full Version : Torn on whether or not to buy the PC 7424XP. Details inside.

Pages : [1] 2 3

AliMusa
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
The PC is available locally at my Home Depot where I have a credit card, whereas the GG is not. It's also almost $15 cheaper with a promo code than the GG is wherever I would be able to buy it.

My question is, will the PC 7424xp do the job just as well as the GG? All I see is people recommending the GG over the PC because of the extra power and torque but how big of a difference is it? And is it really necessary? If you guys could please add some input to this I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Evan.J
05-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I would highly recommend the GG. I which I would have had this option when I got my G110. I feel its worth the money and a lifetime warranty big plus.

If I were to get another DA the GG would be my choice hands down. I have never heard a bad thing about them.

With the more power you are able to keep the pad rotating easier and with pad rotation comes better and faster correction.

swanicyouth
05-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Its a huge difference. Through in the GG lifetime warranty and its a no brainer. A PC is a good machine, but a GG is better if your hoping to correct defects. I have both. Also, you can easily use 6.5" pads with a GG, which can help speed up the process. IMHO the bale handle on the GG is very useful as well.

Put it this way. I can't imagine anyone trying both and saying: "I like the PC better".

CWallace
05-07-2013, 09:47 PM
I have both....... Get the Griots!!!! Advanced Auto has them online, you can get a $40 coupon off $100 purchase.. Makes the Griots $99 w/ free shipping... AG will match it!

AliMusa
05-07-2013, 09:49 PM
I have both....... Get the Griots!!!! Advanced Auto has them online, you can get a $40 coupon off $100 purchase.. Makes the Griots $99 w/ free shipping... AG will match it!

I'm actually in the process of using the promo on AA but the model is different. Do you know what the differences are?

swanicyouth
05-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Can you post a pic of this different model you are looking at?

AliMusa
05-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Can you post a pic of this different model you are looking at?

It looks exactly the same, it's just that the model number is different. It might be the length of the cord. One question, if I order it now, since they have the free shipping promo, will they price match it tomorrow since I can't contact them now?

Raiz3l
05-08-2013, 06:52 PM
How much is the PC?
I just got my GG HD today and I got it for $117 shipped!

AliMusa
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM
How much is the PC?
I just got my GG HD today and I got it for $117 shipped!

Great price! Where did you buy it?

Mikekoz13
05-08-2013, 07:30 PM
I bought my GG a few weeks ago here at AG. They price matched the Advance Auto deal. $98 and free shipping.

No brainer.

AliMusa
05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
I bought my GG a few weeks ago here at AG. They price matched the Advance Auto deal. $98 and free shipping.

No brainer.

I tried calling them and having them price match but they wouldn't because for some reason the promo code wasn't working on AA.

Mikekoz13
05-08-2013, 07:56 PM
I tried calling them and having them price match but they wouldn't because for some reason the promo code wasn't working on AA.

Try coupon code A124. I just tried it and it works. You may have to walk the AG rep thru the process on the Advanced page. I sort of had to help her out a bit.

Raiz3l
05-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Great price! Where did you buy it?

I got it from AG. I told them Advanceautoparts is having a promotion and they said they will look into it. AdvAutoparts have sales every 4-7 days, where it's at most a -$50 discount. So look for those and let AG know when you make your order, or give them a call. If they do pricematch it, then tell them to add $15 for the HD model. It's a steal!

Thanks AG!

**Check slickdeals.net time to time, that's how I found out about it. AND check the forum too, members tend to know of other discount codes too.

HardLineDetail
05-09-2013, 01:14 AM
I have both, and i been having the porter for way longer and has never failed on me. I got the griots about a week ago and WOW. The griots is a freaking power machine. Get the GG, is a no brainer. I got it for $98 from AG.

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-09-2013, 01:28 AM
I must admit that the PC 7424 is a bit outdated and underpowered. GG lifetime warranty cant be beat.