PDA

View Full Version : Did my first boat today!

octane
05-07-2013, 08:56 PM
so I have a pretty nice 17 foot open deck boat, but I never have to time to give it some TLC, since when I'm at the cottage, I have better things to do...

well today, one of my regular clients brings me his 19,5 foot chapparal boat, with the 5.0l engine, and tells me, do what you would do with your boat... (opticoat lol)

used DG501 with a wool pad on the gel coat with very nice results, now for the rest of the boat, I'm kind of at a lost... do you guys usually detail the trailer? what do you use on the checker plate? is bush chrome wash good for that stuff? would a coat of wax be of any use over the dg501?

any other sugestions would be awesome!

Vegas Transplant
05-07-2013, 09:39 PM
so I have a pretty nice 17 foot open deck boat, but I never have to time to give it some TLC, since when I'm at the cottage, I have better things to do...

well today, one of my regular clients brings me his 19,5 foot chapparal boat, with the 5.0l engine, and tells me, do what you would do with your boat... (opticoat lol)

used DG501 with a wool pad on the gel coat with very nice results, now for the rest of the boat, I'm kind of at a lost... 1.do you guys usually detail the trailer? 2.what do you use on the checker plate? 4. is bush chrome wash good for that stuff? 5. would a coat of wax be of any use over the dg501?

any other sugestions would be awesome!.

1. Only if quoted and agreed upon.
2. Depending on customer requirements/condition of aluminum. Different price points for specific metal polishing.
3. Only if aluminum is "brightened", or as a pre-polish wash. That product is highly acidic, and will remove the clarity of the finish. I use a similar product but am familiar with the Busch line.
4. Not familiar with the DG line.

Congrats on your first customer boat detail!