PDA

View Full Version : UWW+ shelf life after mixed?

SR99
05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Just noticed that some UWW+ that I mixed up a few months back has mostly lost its green color:

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b626/ay7bbx/AG/AGa/UWWdiluted-600-5070030_zps682c8c74.jpg

The bottle of concentrate is still its normal color.

Anyone else experienced this with mixed (1/2 oz product per 22 oz water) batches that sat around for a while? It was indoors the whole time (several months) so no temperature extremes. I wonder if just the color is degraded or the active ingredients too?

ihaveacamaro
05-07-2013, 08:20 PM
I've used UWW+ a month and a half old and noticed the same thing. I didn't notice any performance decrease however.

Marc08EX
05-07-2013, 08:34 PM
That makes sense now!!!

Have you guys used the RTU bottle yet? The RTU solution color is white like what you have pictured... I've always wondered why the RTU was white and the concentrate green. Well now it makes sense!!! Thanks for bringing this up. I think you'll be fine given how the RTU solution has the same color.

Bigbull2984
05-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Did you use distilled water? I only use distilled water for waterless, after my BF WW did the same thing.

WRXINXS
05-07-2013, 09:01 PM
That makes sense now!!!

Have you guys used the RTU bottle yet? The RTU solution color is white like what you have pictured... I've always wondered why the RTU was white and the concentrate green. Well now it makes sense!!! Thanks for bringing this up. I think you'll be fine given how the RTU solution has the same color.

I use distilled water and when I mix up the concentrate in a clear bottle it is still green colored just like the concentrate, not white like that. If it were me I'd just whip up a fresh batch, however when I contacted Premium Finish Care with the same question just a few weeks back, this is how it went:

My question:
Hi, after I mix up a 32oz bottle of Ultima Waterless Wash + from my concentrate bottle how long does the mixture last before it goes bad? Do I need to use it before a certain period of time? Would you recommend to mix with distilled water?
Answer:
There is no time period to use the Ultima Waterless Wash after mixing. It should last a year or more. I use distilled water when I mix mine, as an extra precaution, just to help prevent any streaking. Gary Jones, Premium Finish Care.