PDA

View Full Version : If using a foam lance, is it necessary to use a wash bucket?

AliMusa
05-07-2013, 02:00 PM
When using a foam lance to coat the car with water and soap, is it necessary to do the two bucket wash method still? Or do I just need to use a wash mitt on the car and just have a rinse bucket?

Dr_Pain
05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
When using a foam lance to coat the car with water and soap, is it necessary to do the two bucket wash method still? Or do I just need to use a wash mitt on the car and just have a rinse bucket?

I normally foam the car, let it dwell, rinse off (to get the majority of dirt and grim off the paint), then do a 2 bucket technique..... so if there is your technique then yes!

If you believe that the soap you leave dwelling on the paint is safe enough to scratch all over the paint then you can justify only using a rinse bucket!?

Better be safe than sorry....

P.S. Now if you rinse, soap, dwell, rinse off, then foam again... then I could see only using a single rinse bucket. You can then finish with a rinse down.

Pureshine
05-07-2013, 02:25 PM
yes foam is not really washing the car it to get the loose dirt off and used for stripping wax/sealant off. When its dwelling I clean all the emblems and tight areas with a brush.

Wes Bremec
05-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Foam, dwell, power wash, 2 bucket, rinse, blow :)

WRXINXS
05-07-2013, 07:36 PM

:iagree:

Evan.J
05-07-2013, 09:05 PM

:iagree:

I agree but I rinse instead of power wash but then throw another coat of foam then two bucket.

Webb
05-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Dwell for how long ?

Wes Bremec
05-08-2013, 05:45 AM
3-5 minutes

cplchris
05-08-2013, 08:28 AM
when i first got my foam gun i stopped the 2bm for a while, i did use a lot of foam and i had a bucket of rinse water with a grit guard and a small amount of soap in it, i have switched back to the 2bm, i still use the foam gun for extra lubrication/washing the roof of my jeep. another factor in my decision was how much soap i was using, (soap mixed at 1:5 ratio with water for foam solution comes out to be over 6 oz of soap every wash) whereas with a 2bm wash i use 2.5 to 3 oz max. the foam gun still gets used every wash, my process is:
-pre rinse to remove dust/loose dirt
-clean wheels and tires
-2nd pre rinse
-foam entire vehicle
-2BM wash with foam on each section as i wash
-rinse and sheeting dry followed by towel blotting

p.s.-the foam lance or foam cannon create more of a dwelling "dry foam" i use a foam gun on a regular hose which provides a good amount of foam as well as soapy solution which IMO is better for lubrication purposes