PDA

View Full Version : Wow, AG is awesome! What pads can I used 106FF with?

Whitethunder46
05-23-2007, 06:02 PM
First off, I go golfing yesterday and today and I miss a tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Second off, thank God I don't have to order 106FF from some other guys now!!

Third, how aggressive can you get w/ this? Can I use Edge green pads w/ it via rotary?

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-23-2007, 07:22 PM
I have with good results, but I have noticed the white LC has better results.

supercharged
05-23-2007, 09:46 PM
First off, I go golfing yesterday and today and I miss a tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Second off, thank God I don't have to order 106FF from some other guys now!!

Third, how aggressive can you get w/ this? Can I use Edge green pads w/ it via rotary?
It's not really aggressive, and break down to very fine finishing polish. I never used it with green pads, but had success using it with blue pads (a mixture of PO106FF/RMG 70/30, to extend working time and jewel the surface at the same time) and it finishing down without any marring, even on blacks.
It's designed for ceramiclear coats, but works well on both. What an awesome finishing polish!!!

Nica
05-23-2007, 09:59 PM
The odd thing about Menzerna products and Edge pad is that you get much better results with the Lake Country pads...I've tried this and I have noticed, my neighbor noticed a difference...(long story). Must be somethign with the foam.

What's wicked about the 106FF is that you can use it to cut and polish. I've used it to cut with an orange pad...and get this it still leaves micromarring so I use a blue or grey pad with 106FF and it finishes kick ass. But here is what I have done on a ceramic clear coat. I use 106FF with orange Lake Country pad and finish it off with a grey or blue Lake Country pad with Final Polish II. Final Polish II is wicked....Final Polish II is a MUST!!!

Like Al said, you don't need really aggresive pads, finishing pads will do.

Well just my feed back.

Whitethunder46
05-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Well, now that AG is carrying Menzerna, I saw they also have "Super Intensive Polish, PO 83Q." I didn't realize there was another polish that was designed for cerami clears. I'm going to get both of them.

Al-53
05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
AS Nica said....menzerna is a pad dependant product...it works different ways with different pads....

Green Pad...for bad paint......heavy swirls....

White Pad....Medium Swirls......will finish out LSP ready also with 106FF or 87MC

Blue pad...lite swirls.....and finishing if any micro marring from the other pads..

Orange pads cause micro marring...not needed...green is the heaviest cut pad you will need...

there are a ton of posts on another forum showing pad differences with polishes and results....read on them ....research them and learn....they are not like your average polish...

Polish uses....cut and gloss on a scale of 1 to 5

Po83Q. (cut 3.5 gloss 3).bad paint..heavy swirled....start with a white and see how it is cutting...if needed go green...white has worked fine with me so far...need 106FF or 87MC to finish it off for the gloss ....

106FF (cut 2.5..gloss 5)...white for corrections..blue for polishing and finishing..it will finish out LSP ready if worked right....

PO87MC (cut 1.5 gloss 5) is a final polish..it has a cut of 1.5...use a blue pad for the final mirror finish on good paint...it will do lite corrections..

Word of Caution...XMT pad lube does not play well with some of the polishes..it gums them....it did for me with 106FF and 85RD..what I did was add a pea drop of Opt Polish for the lube and longer work time....and less dust...it works great...remember..just a small small drop..no gobs...

All these polishes will finish out LSP ready if worked right...

I use LC CCS pads..I found these worked the best ...the closed cell foam keeps the polish on top and not absorbed...

Just use 2 pea size dots on a pad...smear it on to cover the surface and go polishing...

Remember..these polishes cut FAST..so inspect your work often...

Al

Pats300zx
05-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Is AG carrying 106FF??? I didn't see it on the website.

Nica
05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Nice summary Al, very nice in deed.

You know what I noticed that the regular Lake Country pads seem to absorbed way to much products...but once they are saturated and well primed Menzerna products seem to work there magic...you can actually notice the difference between a dry pad compared to when it's well saturated and well primed with product. Well I did.

Here is one thing I noticed about Optimum Polish and the regular Lake Country pads, when it's time to clean the pads and you rinse it...if you squeeze the foam pad the Optimum Polish comes to the surface of the pad (kinda like a sit action) and it's a paint if you ask me. So what Al is saying about the new CCS pads is true. I don't have any CCS pads my self, but will probably soon have some.

Another thing I've done is I ordered some Menzerna pads, now there is a big rumor about these pads because some people say they are just regular Lake Country pads and they probably are but some members on other forums have been getting really good results with these Menzerna pads. Well I thought I'd test this out my self and placed an order of the Menzerna pads. Hopefully I receive them soon, when I do I'll post pictures and I'll do a review of them. I'm very interested to see how these Menzerna pads will handle the Menzerna products...and to see if they are just regular Lake Country pads.

Oh yes, one last thing...I totally agree with Al, do not use XMT pad lube. Only makes it worse for you.

pirex
05-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Is AG carrying 106FF??? I didn't see it on the website.

Menzerna Nano Polish PO 106 Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-nano-polish.html) <-- I guess is this one..