PDA

View Full Version : Newbee.... Question

Sqweak
05-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Me and my friend have been detailing cars for family, co-workers and other on the side for the past 6 years. before last year we were dumping money into Meguiars Gold Class / NXT, but last year we put some money in our little business, and decide to buy a Porter/Cable and was willing to try different waxes, we end up buying Poorboys, but after reviewing alot people stuff on this board, people are ending up with better work then we have every done. don't know if its the wax or what, but does anyone have opinons on Poorboys, and does anyone have any other suggestions to use...
anything would be helpfull....

thansk
Sqweak

ScottB
05-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Poorboys is a great line, and we offer a kit with buffer and most of their products to allow end consumer to enjoy detailing start to finish. Remember these are pics not standing next to car. One thing I noted with Poorboys, you must use two polishes to polish and jewel car. (2.5 and then 1.0 SSR)

budman3
05-23-2007, 10:01 PM
The finished look of the car depends greatly on your prep. If you are only waxing, there isn't any wax on the market that'll look as good as a nicely polished vehicle. Take a few hours and read up on the popular polishes and techniques... this is where you'll find superior results...

FWIW, Poorboy's is my favorite product line...

D
05-24-2007, 06:00 AM
I use to use the SSR's. I found they are kind of aggressive and if you use SSR2.5 then youll need SSR1 like killr said. Also, mine dusted a lot, but thats probably because I was using too much product.

ScottB
05-24-2007, 05:09 PM
the SSR's do dust a bit, XMT and Optimum are better choices. Now we have Menzerna look no further. I remember when my ole favorite was Megs DACP, talk about dust !