PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a WW that can be used as a QD but is wax friendly..

MrOneEyedBoh
05-05-2013, 09:46 PM
From reading on here, I have been seeing a lot of people just buying gallon sized waterless washes ( different brands ) and then diluting it down for QD use. I would like to use the WW as a QD for in between washes and use it in door jambs, under hood, during trips, remove bird sh!t etc. BUT I would want it to be wax friendly. As many do, and I do too, I like to use Collinite 845 for its durability. But is there a better wax? I dont mind waxing say once a month or so. Its not hard with a DA buffer...

Questions are:

1. Whats the better bargain/brand to go with for the WW?
2. Would the WW ( diluted as a QD ) take off the wax that is on the vehicle now, or what?
3. Whats the best wax to use with it on a dark blue car?
4. How often should the wax be applied when using the WW in between regular washes ( two bucket method )

cleanmycorolla
05-05-2013, 10:33 PM
1) tons of options I like UWW+ and really love Pinnacle WW.
2) No
3) that's up to you. But BlackICE seems popular at the moment. There's Fuzion and Pinnacle too. Honestly your prep work is going to make your car look best. Wax is just to protect your work.
4) again that's your call depending on the results you want.

You should read mikes threads on waterless and Rinseless washes.

Detailing by M
05-05-2013, 10:43 PM
All ww is wax friendly and they have some form of protection in them carnauba or synthetic.
So your washing and waxing every time you use a WW.
And none of them remove wax.
I use Optimum WW for my inexpensive brand and Croftgate Aquanil for my higher end vehicles. And WW isn't expensive anyways. One bottle will wash up to 7 cars so your only spending a few bucks on each wash.

The old question of what's the best wax is up to you and you alone. Try them all out or use what someone says to but ultimately it's up to you and your results.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Okay I was under the impression that teh WW leaves something behind that can hinder the binding of the wax to the paint... It was something Ive read once or twice on here. Prolly just someone thats mis-informed

cleanmycorolla
05-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Okay I was under the impression that teh WW leaves something behind that can hinder the binding of the wax to the paint... It was something Ive read once or twice on here. Prolly just someone thats mis-informed

Well they could've been right, some products don't coexist with others well sometimes so that may be the case, but probably rare. IME however UWW+ and Pinnacle WW have never caused me an issue.

AutoHeed
05-05-2013, 11:48 PM
From reading on here, I have been seeing a lot of people just buying gallon sized waterless washes ( different brands ) and then diluting it down for QD use. I would like to use the WW as a QD for in between washes and use it in door jambs, under hood, during trips, remove bird sh!t etc. BUT I would want it to be wax friendly. As many do, and I do too, I like to use Collinite 845 for its durability. But is there a better wax? I dont mind waxing say once a month or so. Its not hard with a DA buffer...

Questions are:

1. Whats the better bargain/brand to go with for the WW?
2. Would the WW ( diluted as a QD ) take off the wax that is on the vehicle now, or what?
3. Whats the best wax to use with it on a dark blue car?
4. How often should the wax be applied when using the WW in between regular washes ( two bucket method )

Hi, my answer will be very personal. but here it is

1. I always use ONRWW. it definitely adds gloss and wax like protection because it beads water after. secondary will be Duragloss Rinseless Wash. Good stuff. Buy in Gallons and you can dilute it to use as QD or clay lube.
2. ONRWW and DG Rinseless are wax safe.
3. Darker car, my usual choice: CG Black Light, Collinite 915, BFWD, SV Mystery, Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro
4. Waxes i mentioned above have good durability (except SV because carnauba doesnt last long). About 3-4 months you can re-wax.

hope this helps :dblthumb2:

MrOneEyedBoh
05-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks. It seems that ONRWW is the way to go.

Whats a decent spray way to top the ONRWW after QDing/washing?

T3 AutoDetails
05-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks. It seems that ONRWW is the way to go.

Whats a decent spray way to top the ONRWW after QDing/washing?

I can't say with ONRWW but I do still have half a jug of just ONR which I used for both a WW and a QD, I always topped it with XMT 360 spray wax and was happy with the results. I just got a gallon of megs synthetic spray wax (read good reviews) so I picked some up. I'm sure both would work great. I did however use up a sample of some Pinnacle liquid souveran a few times over ONR and that looked amazing.Hope this helps.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-06-2013, 05:14 PM
I have liquid sovereign samples too. And the spray waxes helped too. Thanks. But I'm looking for spray wax products I can use after doing a quick detail using ONRwW