PDA

View Full Version : working on trucks

96z28
05-05-2013, 09:06 PM
When you guys are detailing a truck what is your procedure on the inside the bed of the truck. Just spray it down or what is your procedure?

mpkav
05-05-2013, 09:16 PM
I have a 2005 F150 that is kind of my baby. It has one of the plastic Ford liners inside the bed. I have never done anything more than soap and water with a stiff bristle brush. I have even used a push broom. I have a hard shell Tonneau cover also so no one really ever sees the inside. Remember that some have drain holes up front in the bed by the cab, some don't. You can wash it out with the bed at a slant towards the back so the water runs out.
If you are doing a customers truck you may want to do a little more but some others here will have to chime in!!

BBSD_Zach
05-05-2013, 09:19 PM
I usually elevate the front to let water bead out the rear. I follow the same washing procedures I do on the outside of a truck depending on how dirty the bed is, etc. From there depending on the bed (rhino liner, plastic bed liner), I work accordingly. To be honest, it has probably been ten years since I have seen a truck without some sort of bed liner. Plastic liners I usually wash and dry and do not provide any sort of shine unless asked by the owner to do so.

Pureshine
05-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I foam it like the rest of the car and us a brush rinse and done.

96z28
05-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah I wasn't planning on doing any more than just washing it down. Luckly my driveway is on an incline so no need to lift the front up but good idea!