PDA

View Full Version : Minor Scratches

frontsite
05-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Hey guys new to the forum learning how to do thinks properly, got a question probably been asked a 100 times but here goes. I have two tone paint, crimson and white, crimson has a few minor scratches in the red. I don't know if I should try a finish polish or a glaze to remove them and keep that deep look. Any advise will greatly be appreciated, thanks John

af90
05-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Start with a finishing polish, if that doesn't work you could spot compound only on those parts with scratches and then a finishing polish to remove any hazing or marring. Always start with the least aggressive first. But I don't see any reason why the color difference will affect what you can use. A glaze doesn't have any cutting properties for the most part. I'd recommend something on the level of M205, menz 2500/4000. Or you could also use the finishing polish and just step up a pad in those tougher areas.

Pureshine
05-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Always start off with a test spot and the least aggressive first and work your way from there. What products do you have?

duffthebluff
05-06-2013, 01:04 AM
:iagree:
Definitely use a polish and not a glaze as to what the other guys above stated. As to what they said, start with the least aggressive product. Here's a chart for your convenience:

Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)

:welcome:

frontsite
05-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Ok thanks guys I was under the impression that the glaze had very fine compound in it that would take care of minor scratches, and maintain that deep look. The paint job is 18 yrs old and almost perfect, spent many hrs keeping it that way, thanks for the help really appreciate the feedback. There are so many products sometimes it is hard to know what's best, John