PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Ford Ranger

BBSD_Zach
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Hey guys. After years of seeing everyone's before and after I decided that it is time I show off some of my work. So a few weeks ago I had a client stop by with a 1986 Ford Ranger with around 210K on the ticker. This is the second owner of the truck the original owner passing away three years before. For the past three years the truck sat in a barn until the wife decided to sell the my client, present owner.

I wish I had gotten some photos of the interior, but it was nothing short of immaculate. Not a stain, not a tear, not a crease, nothing. To be a farm truck I was blown away. The wife told the owner the husband was obsessive compulsive on the interiors. To be honest, overall, I felt the outside of the truck had seen much of the same care. There was some rust that was beyond my means of repairing below the mirrors and a few dents along the tail gate, but overall the truck was in good shape.

This truck was brought to me to have a three stage exterior process completed on it. Overall I had around 10 hours in the outside of the truck.

Products used:
Two Bucket Wash
Iron X
Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction Compound
Meguiar's 205
Meguiar's DA Finishing Wax
Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay
Pinnacle Clay Lubircant
Lake Country Yellow Pad
Lake Country Orange Pad
Lake Country White Pad

BBSD_Zach
05-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Second set of pictures.

spiralout462
05-05-2013, 06:55 PM
:drool: I LOVE me a first gen Ranger! Especially in original condition. I have owned two 1990 models and a 1993. I loved them all! It's nice to see someone give that truck a second chance. Nice work!

BBSD_Zach
05-05-2013, 09:15 PM
:drool: I LOVE me a first gen Ranger! Especially in original condition. I have owned two 1990 models and a 1993. I loved them all! It's nice to see someone give that truck a second chance. Nice work!

Thanks and it must be something with Ranger lovers because they showed this same enthusiasm when they brought the truck to me.

Vegas Transplant
05-06-2013, 12:24 AM
What products did you use here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/BBS_D.jpg

?

BBSD_Zach
05-06-2013, 12:41 AM
M205 and Meguairs DA Speed Wax