PDA

View Full Version : How to Clean Boat Cover?

explorerlyon
05-05-2013, 03:15 PM
I am looking for tips on how to clean my boat cover (sunbrella fabric). The pic below is not mine, but you get the idea. With the boat sitting all winter in a covered storage tent, there is a lot of dust and dirt that accumulates on the cover.

Should I clean the cover on the boat? Remove it and lay it out on the driveway?

How do you clean your boat covers?

MPBGT
05-05-2013, 03:20 PM
I have always cleaned them on the boat with 303 vinyl and fabric cleaner and a long handle scrub brush. Let it dry completely then 303 fabric guard. I never let it get that dirty so it's usually a quick process

Sunshyne
05-05-2013, 06:22 PM
303 is a good choice, I would also consider Ragg Top if its cloth

Theraven
05-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Check out there website for care and cleaning. They also have a stain chart, and how to remove them everything from wine to bird poop to lipstick. You can use bleach and acetone for some stains.

Here's the link: http://www.sunbrella.com/en/how/cleaning/marine-tops-covers.php

RTexasF
05-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Amazing Roll Off.

MPBGT
05-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Amazing roll off is great, but from what I have read on autogeek is it leaves some sort of layer even after you rinse. If your going to use 303 Fabric guard you have to use a cleaner that rinses with no residue. Someone with some more experience with amazing roll off can chime in on the technicalities of it.