PDA

View Full Version : Superior & AutoMagic Detailing Supplies..???

Pages : [1] 2

Seth@NWCDetailing
05-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm trying to find a good quality line of detailing supplies that I can use.
I've highly considered using Meguiars Professional Detailer Series, but sometimes I just can't wait a week or two to get the supplies I need and there are no Meguiars distributors where I live.

So I'm wondering about the "Superior" products I can order through my local O' Reilly's.
I've also heard AutoMagic is less than average if not just average, so I'm not looking for that. I'm looking to see if the "Superior" products match up to Meguiars at all. Or any product line that isn't OTC.

I'd appreciate the feedback, thanks fellow agians!

D_Nyholm
05-05-2013, 05:54 PM
I really like the meguiars stuff and if you are lucky you may have an auto paint and supply place that carries much of it in stock.

Also, just make sure you stock up so you don't run out. I buy apc+ each order whether I need it or not since I run out of that most often. In a pinch, there are plenty of OTC APCs that are decent if you do run out. Just wait for the 20% off free shipping and place your bulk orders...totally worth it.

I used automagic when I did production detailing 10 years ago. The stuff was decent, but each product seemed to fall short somewhere. Like the tire shine was very short lasting, or the all in one didn't have much cut, if any. I haven't noticed these negatives with meguiars.

Rsurfer
05-05-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm trying to find a good quality line of detailing supplies that I can use.
I've highly considered using Meguiars Professional Detailer Series, but sometimes I just can't wait a week or two to get the supplies I need and there are no Meguiars distributors where I live.

So I'm wondering about the "Superior" products I can order through my local O' Reilly's.
I've also heard AutoMagic is less than average if not just average, so I'm not looking for that. I'm looking to see if the "Superior" products match up to Meguiars at all. Or any product line that isn't OTC.

I'd appreciate the feedback, thanks fellow agians!

Can you get Duragloss?

Seth@NWCDetailing
05-05-2013, 06:11 PM
I really like the meguiars stuff and if you are lucky you may have an auto paint and supply place that carries much of it in stock.

Also, just make sure you stock up so you don't run out. I buy apc+ each order whether I need it or not since I run out of that most often. In a pinch, there are plenty of OTC APCs that are decent if you do run out. Just wait for the 20% off free shipping and place your bulk orders...totally worth it.

I used automagic when I did production detailing 10 years ago. The stuff was decent, but each product seemed to fall short somewhere. Like the tire shine was very short lasting, or the all in one didn't have much cut, if any. I haven't noticed these negatives with meguiars.

I figured from what I've read about Automagic that that wouldn't be the best way to go, especially when I do want quality but also quantity.

I'm really considering using the meguiars and just end up ordering something every week or two so I'm always stocked up.

And I don't have any distributors around where I live that carry meguiars...at least that I know of.

Any knowledge on the "Superior" product line?

Can you get Duragloss?

I did a little looking and I guess NAPA and Carquest carry Duragloss, so I'll see what I can find there.

swanicyouth
05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Have you looked at Chemical Guys? I know its not local, but they have some tremendous deals on some classes of products in gallons. A gallon of say, Citrus Wash & Gloss will give you 128 five gallon bucket washes, because its so concentrated.

Other stuff they sell, like wheel cleaners, APC, dressings, microfiber washes, and whatever else you can think of all are available in gallons for good prices. Most of their cleaners and dressings are solid products, and are pretty cheap when buying a gallon.

Also, if you join Amazon Prime ($75 a year I believe), most CG items are available shipped free no minimum (same w/ Griots). So, you can order even if you only need one item and shipping is free.

VP Mark
05-05-2013, 06:38 PM
That is a great idea about the amazon prime and the free shipping.

To answer your question... Superior stuff is garbage. I gave it a legitimate shot many years ago and it was just not good products. They have not overhauled their product lines in many years either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Seth@NWCDetailing
05-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Have you looked at Chemical Guys? I know its not local, but they have some tremendous deals on some classes of products in gallons. A gallon of say, Citrus Wash & Gloss will give you 128 five gallon bucket washes, because its so concentrated.

Other stuff they sell, like wheel cleaners, APC, dressings, microfiber washes, and whatever else you can think of all are available in gallons for good prices. Most of their cleaners and dressings are solid products, and are pretty cheap when buying a gallon.

Also, if you join Amazon Prime ($75 a year I believe), most CG items are available shipped free no minimum (same w/ Griots). So, you can order even if you only need one item and shipping is free.

I really want to use chemical guys, but its just a little out of my budget right now for the supplies I need. Definitely plan on it in the future though. Compared to the meguiars products they are about $100 more, but in the future I don't doubt it'll be worth when I do start to use them.

As for the Amazon Prime that's definitely a good idea, I might try signing up for it for equipment too.

That is a great idea about the amazon prime and the free shipping.

To answer your question... Superior stuff is garbage. I gave it a legitimate shot many years ago and it was just not good products. They have not overhauled their product lines in many years either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Thanks for the input on the superior supplies..I'm pretty fluent with my local O' Reilly's and they carry that brand of supplies so I was wondering if it would be worth it. Guess not. Their website is pretty bad too, I can't even find all of their products.
I guess if I question the product once, I should probably go with my instinct.lol.
Thanks.

jgibson2980
05-05-2013, 07:13 PM
You are better off purchasing bulk and quality products. Some otc brands and products are ok . But you will get more bang for your buck if you use bulk or quality products . Look and see if there are any paint supply companies in your area . They sell bulk and good products . Plus no shipping and handling fees . If you are doing this as a business you need to get the most bang for your buck.

Seth@NWCDetailing
05-05-2013, 07:56 PM
You are better off purchasing bulk and quality products. Some otc brands and products are ok . But you will get more bang for your buck if you use bulk or quality products . Look and see if there are any paint supply companies in your area . They sell bulk and good products . Plus no shipping and handling fees . If you are doing this as a business you need to get the most bang for your buck.

I know of one distributor called G&G Auto Supply Inc. but not to sure what quality there products are, that's definitely one place I can try but other than that I don't know if there is any other companies within driving distance.
Im highly considering meguiars as of now because I can't really afford anything that's better in quality and also I've seen a lot of detailers that use them as their go to product line.

jgibson2980
05-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I use a local company in my area . They come to my town every two weeks . They carry a house brand that I use and megs and 3m. I have yet to find a more affordable none acud wheel cleaner than the one these guys have. I would try your company and see.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

T3 AutoDetails
05-06-2013, 07:42 AM
My local distributor (Dsi) carries the auto magic line. I wouldn't be so quick too knock it, I bought a gallon of their super concentrated APC for an Interior work truck detail I picked up...And it amazed the hell out of me! Megs D101/103 At 1:1 didn't get the tough stains and grime when the Auto Magic did at 10:1

I cannot vouch for everything they carry as I've only used 2 APC's from their line, But since than I went back and grabbed 3 of their concentrated scents. I will be trying them this weekend for the first time and will be better able too give an accurate review on those. I just couldn't find a better deal for scents and in a concentrated form. One bottle makes 5 gallons of scent. Hope this cleared some things up. As I stated above their super concentrated APC works wonders and will continue to be my goto for TUFF interior dirt/ grime.

Seth@NWCDetailing
05-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I use a local company in my area . They come to my town every two weeks . They carry a house brand that I use and megs and 3m. I have yet to find a more affordable none acud wheel cleaner than the one these guys have. I would try your company and see.

Thanks Jason, I think I will, the dealership I work for uses them and swears by them that their stuff is better than most. So I think I'll contact them and see what they have to offer.

My local distributor (Dsi) carries the auto magic line. I wouldn't be so quick too knock it, I bought a gallon of their super concentrated APC for an Interior work truck detail I picked up...And it amazed the hell out of me! Megs D101/103 At 1:1 didn't get the tough stains and grime when the Auto Magic did at 10:1

I cannot vouch for everything they carry as I've only used 2 APC's from their line, But since than I went back and grabbed 3 of their concentrated scents. I will be trying them this weekend for the first time and will be better able too give an accurate review on those. I just couldn't find a better deal for scents and in a concentrated form. One bottle makes 5 gallons of scent. Hope this cleared some things up. As I stated above their super concentrated APC works wonders and will continue to be my goto for TUFF interior dirt/ grime.

Indeed it did T3, thanks..I don't doubt that some of their stuff might work better than others, I wouldn't mind using a little variety in my supplies.
I would like to have all my supplies come from one distributor to make it easier, but if need be then I might have to try their APC's as you stated.

Also I have been reading around and I've heard a lot of people say that their compounds and polishes are not worth a damn, so another small reason why I'd like to choose from a higher quality brand.
But then again..they could have something I might need in the future.

jgibson2980
05-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Try to find something that works for you . It does not have to be expensive .

T3 AutoDetails
05-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Indeed it did T3, thanks..I don't doubt that some of their stuff might work better than others, I wouldn't mind using a little variety in my supplies.
I would like to have all my supplies come from one distributor to make it easier, but if need be then I might have to try their APC's as you stated.

Also I have been reading around and I've heard a lot of people say that their compounds and polishes are not worth a damn, so another small reason why I'd like to choose from a higher quality brand.
But then again..they could have something I might need in the future.

Yea my local distributor has all their stuff out on display. Notice I only talk about their APC's and will soon find out about the scents :) , Everything else seems too cheap too mess with just by the look of them. Some company's will have 10 products that suck, Yet one good one. Maybe I just got lucky I will keep buying the APC though. Careful which on you get though if you take that route as I have their catalog and they have about 10-20 or so different APC's.

Seth@NWCDetailing
05-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Try to find something that works for you . It does not have to be expensive .

I'd like to use chemical guys products, but its out of my budget. I'm hoping my local distributor will be worth going to otherwise I'll be going with Meguiars Detailers Series for now, which is actually not too bad I guess.

Yea my local distributor has all their stuff out on display. Notice I only talk about their APC's and will soon find out about the scents :) , Everything else seems too cheap too mess with just by the look of them. Some company's will have 10 products that suck, Yet one good one. Maybe I just got lucky I will keep buying the APC though. Careful which on you get though if you take that route as I have their catalog and they have about 10-20 or so different APC's.

lol yeah seems the more I hear about other products not associated with this website the more weary I am about using them. Usually brands do decent with APC's, but when it comes to dressings, polishes, and compounds, etc...its better to go with the higher quality products. Like you said most brands only have one good product.