PDA

View Full Version : Many questions

DogRescuer
05-05-2013, 05:10 AM
Hello to all Im new. Im looking for a product that removes OLD TAR, Ive read alot about your typical removers and none have worked. I am detailing my girlfriends Mountaineer for her(more for my sanity) and I swear this tar behind the wheels is as stubborn as well me, it wont budge. I used b&t remover, wd40, sponge from ag, and it just laaughs at me. I need some help, I have nightmares about this stuff. Im steve.

Setec Astronomy
05-05-2013, 05:21 AM
What bug & tar remover have you used? Some of the new ones are surfactant-based rather than solvent-based (due to VOC restrictions) and are pretty ineffective. Stoner's Tarminator is supposed to work very well, although I haven't used that one, and it should be available OTC. You can also clay the tar, just make sure to knead/change the clay frequently as those tar bits embedded in the clay will want to mar the rest of the surface.

Bunky
05-05-2013, 05:24 AM
I have used Stoners and it works well on tar.

mwoolfso
05-05-2013, 05:28 AM
Muratic acid - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/everything-else/35030-muratic-acid.html)

BillE
05-05-2013, 07:03 AM
There is always kerosene to try.

Bill

GS2011
05-05-2013, 08:21 AM
I have used Stoners and it works well on tar.

:iagree:

DogRescuer
05-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Thanks for all the responses, I havent tried stoners yet, Ill go buy some. I heard about kerosene, but I guess Im nervous about it doiing more harm then good.

BobbyG
05-06-2013, 05:58 AM
There is always kerosene to try.

Bill

:iagree: Tar is petroleum based and so it kerosene so it will dissolve it, I've used it many times. The problem is you'll have to buy at least a gallon of it so the Stoner's might be a more economical option....:props: