PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Poli-Seal Consistency?

rott3np3anut
05-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone. I have a 32 oz bottle of Optimum Poli-Seal that I bought maybe a year or a year and a half ago. I'm getting ready to do some spring cleaning on the car and was going through my products today. I totally forgot I even had the Poli-Seal! Too many things haha. Anyways I'm just wondering what the consistency should be like. The polish had separated, which I expected, but it's very watery. I shook it for several minutes, which mixed the stuff back together so it's a yellow liquid, but it's still very, very water. Is this how it's supposed to be? It's not like any other polish I've used.

IndeedSS
05-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Hey everyone. I have a 32 oz bottle of Optimum Poli-Seal that I bought maybe a year or a year and a half ago. I'm getting ready to do some spring cleaning on the car and was going through my products today. I totally forgot I even had the Poli-Seal! Too many things haha. Anyways I'm just wondering what the consistency should be like. The polish had separated, which I expected, but it's very watery. I shook it for several minutes, which mixed the stuff back together so it's a yellow liquid, but it's still very, very water. Is this how it's supposed to be? It's not like any other polish I've used.

I have a small bottle from a couple of years ago that I used this afternoon. Mine wasn't separated and it was white. I shook it up, squeezed a little out on a foam applicator, and it was thick like other polishes.

gmck
05-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Is this how it's supposed to be?
No of course not.

However that is what happens to it when not used for awhile. Same happened to me. Look for a thread under my user name for a fix. Unfortunately I titled the thread Opti-Seal, but when you do find and read it, you will recognize the same problem. Chris chimed in and said their new formula doesn't separate.

Unfortunately the fix is only temporary. Lasted about 2 weeks for me and went back to the watery mess you now have.

In my opinion Optimum, should just automatically replace faulty product, rather than infer that the problem in now fixed with the new formula especially when they must have known that the fix was only temporary.

Had the same type of problem, but not as bad with their Optimum Finish and their useless Spray (which don't spray) polishes . Again from my point of view, I given up on their compounds and polishes, but I still purchase and use Opti-Coat and Opti-Guard.

Good luck with getting it replaced. Some stuff they do really well, but their polishes/compounds etc are now off my list as their is better stuff out there.

IndeedSS
05-05-2013, 09:39 AM
I should add that my 2 year old Opt-Seal, along with all of my other detailing chemicals, are kept in the house in a closed cabinet. Perhaps the like new condition of the OS was, in part, due to the lack of light exposure and temperature extremes.

SilverRebel
05-06-2013, 08:46 AM
I have had the same problem. Just put the bottle in some warm water for a couple of min. then shake it. This has always worked for me.