PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of smoke smell?

Pages : [1] 2

Saluki2003
05-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Previous owner of my car was a smoker. What's the best way to get rid of the smell?

Sent from somewhere other than my house

Robert8194
05-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Ozonater is one way.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
05-03-2013, 10:00 PM
clean carpets and all other interior parts thoroughly then run the ozone generator, you know I am a smoker (I know i should quit)and don't smoke in my car. I have had a couple DD come through with burns and ashes in the rear window. Pretty sad how some people treat there cars. Makes you wonder what some of these peoples houses look like.

SuperiorAutoLLC
05-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Hot water extraction on all the carpets and seats (or deep clean the leather if there is any). Pay particular attention to the headliner as smoke rises.

Once everything is clean and dry, run an ozone generator inside the vehicle with the windows up for several hours. About 15-30 minutes before you're finished, start the car and run the AC on full blast on the recirculate setting. This will allow the ozone to travel through your air conditioning vents and eliminate any odors in there, too.

Good luck!

Jeffro
05-03-2013, 10:12 PM
When you're using the extractor, put in an enzyme cleaner with your shampoo, or use it alone.

( As well as what everyone else said.)

Cigarette smoke and pot smoke are two of the peskiest to get rid of.

There is also a product out there called "Ozium" which is a spray. I dunno if AG carries it, but they should carry something like it I would imagine.

Pureshine
05-03-2013, 10:18 PM
This is my go to product after cleaning interior 1Z einszett Klima-Cleaner - A/C Odor + Bacteria Cleaner stuff works great.

jgg85234
05-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Also, if the vehicle has one, change the cabin air filter element.

Jim

snfapm1983
05-08-2013, 09:32 PM
We used to use a product called "smoke out" in the insurance restoration business.

nissenc1337
05-09-2013, 07:50 AM
We used to use a product called "smoke out" in the insurance restoration business.

I've heard of great results with that product.

VP Mark
05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Find a DrivePur distributer. It works 100%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

mksmth
05-09-2013, 08:46 AM
I had good results putting an open bag of lump charcoal in our service trucks to get rid of the smoke smell. It seemed to take a week or so but did good job. Sounds strange but it did work for us. Obviously not a quick way but when you are done you can fire up the grill :)

DETAILED IMPRESSIONS
05-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I talked to alot of my friends who smoke cigars and they all said the best way is to roll up the car windows and shut all the doors and take your favorite incense about 2 or 3 sticks and fumigate it. I dont know if this is practical for your app but all them said it works the best. One did mention there is a smoke candle at most tobacco shops that have no sent that you light and it kills the smell really well also

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

Xzotik
05-09-2013, 11:11 AM
I use Meguiar's Odor Eliminator.

Also, suggest that you check out this advice:

How to Get Rid of Tobacco Odors in Cars: 10 Steps - wikiHow (http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Tobacco-Odors-in-Cars)

lawrenceSA
05-31-2013, 05:42 AM
Please can someone explain to me what an 'ozone generator' is and where to purchase one.

thanks in advance

runrun411
05-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Pretty sad how some people treat there cars. Makes you wonder what some of these peoples houses look like.

I can understand your saying that but you'd say different if you met my wife. She is a clean freak in the house but keeps her car horrible. I have to clean her car all the time while she's OCD in the house. Oh well, I definitely appreciate it. LOL