PDA

View Full Version : What would you use on a Freshly cleaned car thats now covered in Pollen? QD? Quick wax?

MrOneEyedBoh
05-03-2013, 06:37 PM
I have a dark blue truck and while it can look good when cleaned, the pollen will attack it with in an hour of being washed. So what Im wondering is what would you guys recommend? ONR diluted to QD strength ( thats what I would use it solely for... ) What about UWW+ ( I have a small bottle and seems nice ), the price just is more than ONR.

If I were to use say the ONR as a QD, should I apply a spray wax over it? Or would the wax that is already on the paint suffice? What spray wax works good with ONR or UWW+ ( or whatever you recommend? )

Any and all help with this would be appreciated.

oldmodman
05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately, pollen can scratch.

So I would carefully wash the car with a good auto wash using the two bucket method. And if you have a foamer of any kind, foam the paint first and rinse it off without wiping the surface, then wash as normal.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Ahh haha my luck. Then I'll deal with the pollen. Its an up hill battle around spring time... Thanks though.

RedXray
05-03-2013, 07:00 PM

So I would carefully wash the car with a good auto wash using the two bucket method. And if you have a foamer of any kind, foam the paint first and rinse it off without wiping the surface, then wash as normal.

+1 it was worse than normal in my area because of the late spring. Thankfully our pollen season is over. Three weeks of just having to deal with it, now if it would just stop raining lol.

Pollen under a microscope

http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2008/09/18/19sep_pollen_resources/pollenprairiehollyhock.jpg

Lexi65
05-03-2013, 07:13 PM
I have a dark blue truck and while it can look good when cleaned, the pollen will attack it with in an hour of being washed. So what Im wondering is what would you guys recommend? ONR diluted to QD strength ( thats what I would use it solely for... ) What about UWW+ ( I have a small bottle and seems nice ), the price just is more than ONR.

If I were to use say the ONR as a QD, should I apply a spray wax over it? Or would the wax that is already on the paint suffice? What spray wax works good with ONR or UWW+ ( or whatever you recommend? )

Any and all help with this would be appreciated.

So what does pollen look like? Pics?

theparmachine
05-04-2013, 12:45 AM
I would blow it off with the metro and then hit it with quick wax.

MyFirstES300
05-04-2013, 02:19 AM
If you are like me and live in an area where water is not readily available, take it to a touchless car wash. Anything else may damage the paint.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys.

swanicyouth
05-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Spray wax will attract more pollen, unless you wash it AGAIN afterwards. Just wash it, but don't use a spray wax to dry. Unfortunately, pollen is a losing battle.

Whatever you do, don't just wipe it off. Rinsing will remove most of it.

Evan.J
05-05-2013, 11:20 AM

This is what I did today. I have the Foamaster gun and I foamed the truck down with Extreme body wash and wax then hosed that right off and that removed all of the pollen. I then re-foamed and began my 2 bucket wash.