PDA

View Full Version : New White Car

Ken Brenner
05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Just bought a new VW Sportswagan. The paint is white. Any recommendations for a wax and/or a sealant that you have used that actually worked best on white paint?

Thanx Ken

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-03-2013, 04:00 PM
I have owned a couple of B5.5 and B7 Audis and I have had good luck using Poorboys Natty's Blue and Pink waxes. They smell nice and they are super easy to remove.

dorkiedoode
05-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Collinite 845. Last long, easy on easy off, apply thin, and best bang for the buck. Put it in warm water and shake very well.

cmichael258
05-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Dodo Light Fantastic:

Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Soft Wax, Dodo Juice soft waxes, carnauba wax, dodo car wax, wax for light cars, white carnauba wax (http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-light-fantastic-wax.html)

defiantmouse
05-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi Ken, It depends on what "look" you want, what kind of durability, and where you park your car. I own a white Honda CRV, parked outside, and I use Klasse AIO, and SG on it. I use several coats of SG and have had good durability in the California Central Valley. I also understand (but have never used) Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant is excellent and long lasting, giving a "warmer" shine. When all is said and done, the "masters" on this site generally say to experiment and go with whatever works fore you. So many choices so little time!

rwisejr
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Collinite 845. Last long, easy on easy off, apply thin, and best bang for the buck. Put it in warm water and shake very well.

plus 1 for Collinite 845

RTexasF
05-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Duragloss #105 is another suggestion for a sealant. Inexpensive, super easy to use, and a very nice look.

silvermesa
05-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Duragloss #105 is another suggestion for a sealant. Inexpensive, super easy to use, and a very nice look.

As stated above I would agree with Duragloss 105 or would add Duragloss 111 for your consideration.

I just put the above combo on my vehicle 3 weeks ago and have to say as time has went by from initial application I like this combo even more now. I have tried a number of offerings over the last year and a half looking for an outstanding combo for white and feel this is the best I have found.

I believe time is needed to work with a product line and also looking at the vehicle in various light situations to fully get a feel for a product.

See thread below for sample photos.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/63669-duragloss-photo-thread.html

kimtyson
05-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Be sure to prep it well before wax or sealant. Even though it's new it still has contaminants. And to get a white car shiny it needs to be totally free of junk so get the clay out. I use Duragloss products on my white car and I am thrilled with them. Value priced, easy to work with even in sun, and they look great.

lucky472
05-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I have a cw gti and use 845 then typically top with wolfgang deep gloss sealant. Might be over kill but mentally makes me feel better and looks great. Ive also used the dodo juice light fantastic but prefer the pc 7424 and 845/wdgs combo

WJinLV
05-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I have great results when starting with Klasse hi gloss sealant, then cover that with Pinnacle carnauba (the cheaper one). Use Finish Kare 425 for quick details and Optimum spray wax for touch ups between waxings. Take a look below.