Pages : [1] 2

nubaseal
05-03-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't own a rotary or DA and need a recommendation for a polish that can :

1. Be used by Hand to correct minor Swirls and scratches
2. Would clean the paint
3. Has no filler or oils
4. Can be sealed with Gtechniq C2V3

I am not sure what is the best method to prep the paint to apply these new age sealants like C2, Reload etc but I could use some suggestions.

Thank You for reading and your response as well.

Klasse Act
05-03-2013, 12:08 PM
I used DG #501 on my car as part of my spring clean-up and applied it by hand and it cleaned the paint very well but I had no swirls to deal with. The thing with doing it by hand is removing the swirls, even minor ones, could take a while.

I'm sure more advice is coming but this is what I used after claying, some even use this product as a stand alone as well, good luck to you.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

nubaseal
05-03-2013, 12:15 PM
I used DG #501 on my car as part of my spring clean-up and applied it by hand and it cleaned the paint very well but I had no swirls to deal with. The thing with doing it by hand is removing the swirls, even minor ones, could take a while.

I'm sure more advice is coming but this is what I used after claying, some even use this product as a stand alone as well, good luck to you.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Thanks, I will look up DG 501. I do have a bottle of DG 105 lying around and it is a very good sealant but am not sure it cleans much.

mavin
05-03-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/questions-about-porter-cable-7424xp-7424-7336-griot-s-meguiar-s-dual-action-polishers/55905-harbor-freight-da-polisher-new.html

$45 with 25% off coupon in the thread

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-03-2013, 12:43 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/questions-about-porter-cable-7424xp-7424-7336-griot-s-meguiar-s-dual-action-polishers/55905-harbor-freight-da-polisher-new.html

$45 with 25% off coupon in the thread

Go get this DA polisher, you will be happy with it. It outperform my Porter Cable 7424 in power @ a fraction of the PC price.

nubaseal
05-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Guys, I am not looking for a DA, Rotary or a PC. I am looking for a hand polish.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
All polishes have some sort of fillers, IMO. Some are worse than others. Try Ultimate compound by hand.

Rsurfer
05-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Since your using GTechinq C2V3, why not use P1? Meets your criteria. BTW, P1 is pad dependent and will cut more when using a more aggressive pad.

Becciasm
05-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Guys, I am not looking for a DA, Rotary or a PC. I am looking for a hand polish.

All polishes have some sort of fillers, IMO. Some are worse than others. Try Ultimate compound by hand.

:iagree:

Since your using GTechinq C2V3, why not use P1? Meets your criteria.

:iagree:

You *can* use any polish/compound by hand. It's a matter of "How much time do you have on your hands?"

I'd go for the major players - Griots, Megs, Menz, OPT, Gtechniq (since you're using their coating), PBMG products,Voodoo Ride Silq, if you can find it on clearance at local autoparts stores....

Do a chemical/IPA wipedown prior to coating(recommended), regardless of which 'cleaner wax' or polish you use.

cardaddy
05-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Anything can be 'sealed', but as for a more or less aggressive pad.... Guess when doing by hand it's either more pressure or less pressure. ;)

Might want to take a look for some Megs 83 as it's a nice cleaner / polish. I've used it by hand forever (and of course by machine, even the el-cheapo 6" to 10" wax buffers). :)

Mix up some IPA to take care of polishing oils as they ALL have oils.

psynx
05-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Nu finish by hand works amazing

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

jvs1991
05-03-2013, 05:07 PM

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

Lmao. Get the paste not the liquid

FUNX650
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
For some of my neighbors/friends that are like supernaut:

Lmao. Get the paste not the liquid
^^^I will/do recommend Nu-Finish…^^^
It’s made by a reputable chemical company; lasts for quite awhile;
and looks pretty good for an OTC AIO.
It’s even been formulated to now be VOC-compliant.

Also: another often overlooked, good ol’ stand-by OTC-AIO…
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=CD6%2fnKcOZWGMFEw&pid=Commerce

-Contains the number one grade Brazilian Carnauba Wax the world's hardest natural wax
-Features unique micropolishers that remove minor scratches and haze

And, as has been mentioned:
The OP can always use a wipe-down product to remove any unwanted residues from any "polishing-step(s)"...
in order to abide by many Coatings-applications': Directions/instructions

:)

Bob

MarkD51
05-03-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't own a rotary or DA and need a recommendation for a polish that can :

1. Be used by Hand to correct minor Swirls and scratches
2. Would clean the paint
3. Has no filler or oils
4. Can be sealed with Gtechniq C2V3

I am not sure what is the best method to prep the paint to apply these new age sealants like C2, Reload etc but I could use some suggestions.

Thank You for reading and your response as well.

Seems nobody yet has addressed your needs.

Duragloss 501 has virtually no abrasive is it. Cleaners yes, polishes to remove swirls, no.
Not unless you're maybe using it with a Rotary, and even then I doubt its effectiveness.

Nu Finish, No, Meguiars cleaner wax no,

Talk a trip over to wally world first, and see if they have Meguiars 205 Finishing polish.

Usually about $20/qt, a lot cheaper than here, or other stores. If you can't find it there, look to autozone, oreillys, or a paint supply shop.

This will work quite well on swirls, will shine up the paint, and prep it for a good protective product after.

panthercz
05-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I like Optimum Polish II for hand polishing hard to reach spots like around door handles.
It has a long work time, corrects well and is very easy to wipe off.