PDA

View Full Version : Critique my process/products!

BobbyK
05-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Now that I've researched the products I plan to use... I'd like to know if my plan includes any redundancies or missed steps! Obviously not all vehicles would require a full polish and different pads will be used accordingly with my pc7424xp.

Wash - cg wash and gloss
Clay - mothers
Compound - m105
Polish - m205
Final polish - menzerna sf4500
IPA wipe down
Paint cleanser - four star prewax
Sealant - four star upp (2nd layer after 8hr cure
Wax - pinnacle sig II (used in between full details to get my wax fix)

Is the ipa wipe down needed if I run the paint cleanser, even after polishing? And is there a better wax to layer on UPP? Seems like Sig II was a favorite! Thanks and I look forward to your replies! :)

Evan.J
05-02-2013, 01:48 PM
That process looks good to me!

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-02-2013, 02:38 PM
The process sounds good, IMHO its all about chemical preferences anyway. Not to hijack your thread but you might want to use something more powerful than the PC DA since the only thing that theyre good for nowadays is to scrub floor mats.

BobbyK
05-02-2013, 02:51 PM
The process sounds good, IMHO its all about chemical preferences anyway. Not to hijack your thread but you might want to use something more powerful than the PC DA since the only thing that theyre good for nowadays is to scrub floor mats.

Not comfortable enough yet behind a machine to want to step up in power. I just picked it up in December!

mksmth
05-02-2013, 02:58 PM

The PC cant be that bad, right? surely this just your opinion. I have seen lots of people do a great job with a PC.

Evan.J
05-02-2013, 03:02 PM
The PC cant be that bad, right? surely this just your opinion. I have seen lots of people do a great job with a PC.

I have me G110v2 and I love it. Correction is great very easy to use. Of course there are better things out there like the Flex and the Rupes but the DA is not bad by any means.

CWallace
05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Not comfortable enough yet behind a machine to want to step up in power. I just picked it up in December!

I picked mine up last year and now own PC, GG6 and a Rupes... PC is now delegated to 4" pads and carpet work!! The GG6 and rupes are both easy to get comfortable with relatively quickly!!

DRT BRD
05-02-2013, 06:44 PM

Only good for scrubbing floor mats??? That couldn't be further from the truth.

I have an ORIGINAL PC that is a monster of a work horse. Does it take longer than say my Rupes - 21 or the flex? More than likely yes, but spreading complete lies about the machines ability like that really struck a nerve. The PC will do pretty much all he will want for the time being... And yes even for his mat scrubbing duties. The advancement in chemical compounds has really come leaps and bounds where the PC will do A LOT of amazing things.

Rant off.

DRT BRD
05-02-2013, 06:45 PM

You can achieve car show ready results with the right combo and technique.

RhetoricMixes
05-02-2013, 06:53 PM
You can achieve car show ready results with the right combo and technique.

I and lots of other people have done this as well. Detailing is sometimes about working with what you have and perfecting technique and not always relying on pure machine power to get things done.

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Only good for scrubbing floor mats??? That couldn't be further from the truth.

I have an ORIGINAL PC that is a monster of a work horse. Does it take longer than say my Rupes - 21 or the flex? More than likely yes, but spreading complete lies about the machines ability like that really struck a nerve. The PC will do pretty much all he will want for the time being... And yes even for his mat scrubbing duties. The advancement in chemical compounds has really come leaps and bounds where the PC will do A LOT of amazing things.

Rant off.

I have the PC and if your color sanding you'll have to go to 3000. Besides that it will do all the other work, it can even color sand and clay.
So I do agree with " it couldn't be farther from the truth. "

I am starting to think that some of these guys need to go work an 8 hour shift, Mon - Fri. And then have a say.

(Some not the seasoned veterans)