PDA

View Full Version : I'm hoping it's not CC failure.

Pages : [1] 2 3

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 01:02 AM
I just saw this from picking up my GF from work. At night time under the street lights. Since the car is white, I am not sure if it will be visible during the day but I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

You guys want to chime in? What it can be? how to find out for sure? and what to do about it?

Thank You,

It is really hard to capture the picture on my phone, it is very visible right when the light hits that particular area, very dull looking an rough to the touch.

psynx
05-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Definitely looks like cc failure throw it away get a new one

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

AutowerxDetailing
05-02-2013, 01:11 AM
I can't tell from the pics... sort of just looks like really bad swirls or wash induced marring in that one spot.

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Damm..., this car was given to me, so wont be taking a loss. My brother (previous owner) just let it sit outside parked never moved it for 2 years. Buying a new car is not an option for me currently. Maybe I can talk to my family of repainting it. The hood and fenders got repainted.

Is there anyway of of saving what is left from further CC failure? Including that spot?

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 01:14 AM
I can't tell from the pics... sort of just looks like really bad swirls or wash induced marring in that one spot.

I am thinking about rubbing compound with a MF towel by hand (only) to see what happens?

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 01:16 AM
I havent done anything to mar it. Hmm??? It could have been my brother, or the Auto Body shop But who knows...

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I had an epiphany. I plan going to the Chemical Guys anyways. To get some MF towels and to go be a tourist. Ask them a few questions. Then maybe I could bring this up and hopefully they can help me.

I am going to try the rubbing compound by hand and see if anything happens.

Bigbull2984
05-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Definitely looks like cc failure throw it away get a new one

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

:iagree:

Cant tell anything by the pictures... All I see is swirls.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/40855-clearcoat-fracturing-versus-clearcoat-failure.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/29197-beginning-clearcoat-failure.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/58046-polishing-car-clear-coat-failure.html

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Haven't had a chance to work on my car. That's why it' covered in swirl marks. I am looking for a place with a garage so I can move out and work as I please and not have to worry about anybody complaining.
This is the best I could get it's even hard for me to find. That is how unnoticeable it is.

This is the morning dew

Bigbull2984
05-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Haven't had a chance to work on my car. That's why it' covered in swirl marks. I am looking for a place with a garage so I can move out and work as I please and not have to worry about anybody complaining.
This is the best I could get it's even hard for me to find. That is how unnoticeable it is.

This is the morning dew

OK... Still nothing. Get a better picture.

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Have had a chance to go work on my car. I am currently painting these doors for them

This is her work, i asked her if she cleaned it or sanded it down, she said, "no why? I explained to her it'll be like putting on makeup after not showering for about 5 years. Lol

Just letting my work dry till the next coat

Windex is is all they had and were wanting to spend. If not thy would have painted all the doors as dirty as they were. Windex then 110 sand paper.

RhetoricMixes
05-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Have had a chance to go work on my car. I am currently painting these doors for them

This is her work, i asked her if she cleaned it or sanded it down, she said, "no why? I explained to her it'll be like putting on makeup after not showering for about 5 years. Lol

Windex is is all they had and were wanting to spend. If not thy would have painted all the doors as dirty as they were. Windex then 110 sand paper.

Dude how in the world does this even remotely tie in to your supposed clear coat failure problem? Geez......

You hop around so many topics and just randomly post questions, for god sake please use the search button.

Bigbull2984
05-02-2013, 11:15 AM

OK......

Audi X2
05-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Dude how in the world does this even remotely tie in to your supposed clear coat failure problem? Geez......

You hop around so many topics and just randomly post questions, for god sake please use the search button.

:whs:

hernandez.art13
05-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm not going to start another thread of me venting about painting wooden doors, I figured I could come on here and share.

I find preparation is very important when even painting wooden doors, I posted about wooden doors because I thought painting cars and even wooden doors in some way are similar. That's all

If I start of possible CC failure thread, dont change the subject. Ok got you.