PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been cheated detailing someone else's car?

JBs
05-23-2007, 01:56 AM
has someone ever blamed you for scratches that were already on their car before you detailed it? did you have to pay for it? what ended up happening?

D
05-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Wow, this is a good topic. Might want to consider going over the car WITH the customers and writing down all the defects.

Al-53
05-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Always walk the car over with the customer..have a estimate sheet with the services they want and also the noted defects in the paint and on the car..and have them sign it after the walk through...

there are such sheets availalbe from some members here and on other forums for down load...I believe TexasTB has one he lets others use also..

That way you will save your self a paint job ....

Al

devst8
05-23-2007, 07:29 AM
there are such sheets availalbe from some members here and on other forums for down load...I believe TexasTB has one he lets others use also..

i would be interessted in this
TexasTB ?

Mike T
05-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Isn't a Detailer scratching the finish a Oxymoron? If I'm going to detail someones car no matter who they are, I always walk around the car before I do ANYTHING to the finish to point out imperfections. Did someone accuse you of something?

gator1
05-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Always walk costumer by the hand ,and make sure you point out all the problem areas. C/Y/A

P1et
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Makes good sense. If the scratches are too deep for a detailer to remove them, then you probably want the customer to be aware of them.

DavidJ021
05-23-2007, 11:40 AM
i would be interessted in this
TexasTB ?

+1

Very good topic. Also goes into liability insurance, LLC, and so on.

ejflanag
05-23-2007, 01:03 PM
If somone has one of those fourms or a link to one can you please post, would be appreciated. A chart for cars to go over would be nice and could help with price estimates

GearHead_1
05-23-2007, 03:59 PM
The sad part of this scenario is that though you didn't damage the car, the owner didn't notice the damage until you cleaned the car and they had something to look at. Obviously since in their mind you were the last one to touch their car you must be at fault. We used to see this in the auto repair business a lot. Walking the car and noting the damage is the only protection here.

Tex Star Detail
06-08-2007, 07:26 PM
I didn't see this thread earlier.....

If anyone wants me to send them a sheet that I use, pm me your
HOME MAILING ADDRESS, not your email address. I don't have them on my computer.

I'll get one out to you....

Dust2Glory
06-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I didn't see this thread earlier.....

If anyone wants me to send them a sheet that I use, pm me your
HOME MAILING ADDRESS, not your email address. I don't have them on my computer.

I'll get one out to you....

Come on chris, it's the 21 century... get a scanner and put it on your computer!! HAHA ;)

ltoman
06-09-2007, 02:13 PM
that is so sad people would do that, but i can't say i am surprised!

killrflake
06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
that is so sad people would do that, but i can't say i am surprised!
These are the same people that blame anything wrong in their lives on someone else. Sad but true.

Tex Star Detail
06-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I scanned the form and made a thread.... I must have gotten 30 emails/PM's about the form...lol
If you still want a paper copy, let me know...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/6930-detailing-check-sheet.html#post98854

-Chris