PDA

View Full Version : Bagram airfield plane crash

Pages : [1] 2

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Any of you guys see the Bagram airfield plane crash?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icfVsql38oc]Bagram airfield crash 29 apr 2013 - YouTube[/video]

af90
05-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Yeah saw it yesterday. FAA preliminary says the cargo broke loose. That low to the ground and the CG slamming aft like that. There was no way to gain enough speed to break the stall that low to the ground.

FUNX650
05-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Yes I did.

Stalling, and tumbling out of the air like this:
Such a horrible way to await, and then meeting, ones fiery-death.

God Bless them all.

Bob

Elwood P Dowd
05-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Word is that they were hauling a bunch of military vehicles and on take off the load became unsecured and shifted aft causing an extreme aft and unrecoverable CG. Sucks to see something like that prayers for all involved.

flamed03vert
05-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Who ever the load master was is going to be in a heap of trouble if thats the case. I was Stationed there back in 2011. Sucks to hear this happened

Caleb@ImpeccableImage
05-02-2013, 09:16 AM
What a shame

statusdetailing
05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
oh man, that's horrible.

Elwood P Dowd
05-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Who ever the load master was is going to be in a heap of trouble if thats the case. I was Stationed there back in 2011. Sucks to hear this happened

Load master was on the plane, he got his punishment along with the rest of the crew.

Setec Astronomy
05-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Do they actually know the load shifted? Was there some radio message from the crew? I know the AOA looks pretty extreme in that vid, but it's possible it was something else.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
05-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Wow that is crazy!

Why do people have these dashboard cameras on thier cars in other countries?
Pretty awesome to capture something like that. The guy seemed in shock a little and did you guys read some of the comments under that video people really piss me off on YouTube.

Setec Astronomy
05-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Pretty awesome to capture something like that.

I'm not sure where you were going with that; my guess is that was a base security vehicle from what I could see. Some large percentage of LE vehicles here in the US are sporting dash cams now.

af90
05-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Do they actually know the load shifted? Was there some radio message from the crew? I know the AOA looks pretty extreme in that vid, but it's possible it was something else.

The preliminary FAA report had it. But until the flight recorder is released who knows for sure.

Wow that is crazy!

Pretty awesome to capture something like that. The guy seemed in shock a little and did you guys read some of the comments under that video people really piss me off on YouTube.

Probably for protection, same reason every Russian seems to have one as well. I even have one, video evidence is the only thing that stands against he said she said.

zm1283
05-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Dashboard cams in cars are prevalent in other parts of the world because of insurance fraud, especially in Russia.

Setec Astronomy
05-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I dunno, that view out the dash looked kinda like a HMMWV to me, I'm still going with it was an AP vehicle.

TH3M B0N3Z
05-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Wow that is crazy!

From what I've read and heard, tons of insurance fraud happens in those countries, and dash cams can help prove who's right and wrong in an accident. I've almost considered having one in my car because Florida is supposedly a bad state for insurance fraud. A dash cam may also lower your rates, but I'm not entirely sure on that. Plus the cams catch some pretty awesome action sometimes, lol. In this case, what an unbelievable scene, but sad to see that 7 people lost their lives over a simple loading isse.