PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for another Post guys, just a quick question

Pages : [1] 2

hokis
05-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Ok guys im sorry for all these posts, but just wanted to make sure I have the right order in applying my products.

1) wash car
2) Clay car with very soppy water
3) ulimate compound some areas (megs)
4) m205 whole car (megs)
5) Collinite 845 whole car
6) Megs Gold Carnuba wax
7) tire dressing from black magic

is this the right order?

jvs1991
05-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Ok guys im sorry for all these posts, but just wanted to make sure I have the right order in applying my products.

1) wash car
2) Clay car with very soppy water
3) ulimate compound some areas (megs)
4) m205 whole car (megs)
5) Collinite 845 whole car
6) Megs Gold Carnuba wax
7) tire dressing from black magic

is this the right order?

Right order however I'll make two suggestions. One use a clay lube instead of soapy water. I've seen water make the clay crumple and I feel that the clay line actually works better. Secondly don't use black magic. It will sling off the tires and all down the side of the car ruining all the hard work you just did.

Also are you working by machine or hand?

zmanjohn
05-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Right order however I'll make two suggestions. One use a clay lube instead of soapy water. I've seen water make the clay crumple and I feel that the clay line actually works better. Secondly don't use black magic. It will sling off the tires and all down the side of the car ruining all the hard work you just did.

Also are you working by machine or hand?

:iagree:, I have had same problem with the Black Magic I gave it away. I used same process recently and turn out great. I used the LC Hydro Tangerine pad with UC then red pad with M205 and wax. Looked great after finishing.

Evan.J
05-01-2013, 09:34 AM
I agree use clay lube or a quick detailer. For the tires anything that is a gel is going to work out great and apply very easily and you wont have to worry abound any sling.

silverfox
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
I'd drop #6. After Collinite wax, anything else is just an necessary step.

statusdetailing
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
ONR makes an excellent and very inexpensive clay lube. Plus, you'll have a rinsless wash solution as well. Boom!

statusdetailing
05-01-2013, 09:41 AM
I'd drop #6. After Collinite wax, anything else is just an necessary step.

+1 a total waste.

hokis
05-01-2013, 10:53 AM
so skip out on the megs gold?

c8n
05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
What is Collinite 845 btw? Is it a carnauba, sealant or a hybrid?
I think I've read that it has carnauba in it but looking at the durability... I can't imagine it to be a regular carnauba wax. I am thinking it's some sort of a hybrid?

As to the OP... wax is a matter of preference. Go with what you like. If you are happy with Collinite 845, you can skip Gold Class. But if you prefer the look of Gold Class, by all means.

I personally have not used Collinite so I can't comment on it but I do like Gold Class. When I have the extra time, I usually put a layer of Gold Class over a sealant.

BTW... do note the curing time when layering wax/sealant

BobbyG
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Collinite 845 is one of those best kept secrets that once you've used it you can't believe you've waited all these years....:props:

jimjc
05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I spent months researching for the correct wax and in the end Collinite 845 was the answer. Now I`m finishing up on researching a finishing polish for the best finish on my 2 new cars and have had good replies from knowledgeable here. But as far as wax, it`s hard to beat 845 for durability and price, thats what I`ve found from many sources.

hokis
05-02-2013, 08:10 PM
so the collinite 845 isnt coming in til monday, and im trying to take my car to an event. could I

*clay bar
*UC some areas
*m205 whole car
*meguires gold

then after it comes in, wash the car again and apply the C845?

luv a shine
05-02-2013, 08:14 PM
so the collinite 845 isnt coming in til monday, and im trying to take my car to an event. could I

*clay bar
*UC some areas
*m205 whole car
*meguires gold

then after it comes in, wash the car again and apply the C845?

Gold is a waste

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I do agree. Use a quick detail spray, it works so much better. Also if you are planning on claying more cars I would use the CG Clay Block. Megs UC is good for very fine scratches but for heavier grade I would use either Megs M100 or M101. I would use the 845 if you already have it, but there are Wax+sealant thats cheaper and comparable.

hokis
05-02-2013, 09:30 PM
I know gold would be a waste, but could it work to allow me time to get the 845 and put it on..... since the m205 wont give me the shine I want.

so for light swirls in the paint i could use the UC and for anything heavier use the m105?