PDA

View Full Version : Just venting - house burglarized

Pages : [1] 2 3

rms64
05-01-2013, 06:42 AM
This post really has no useful purpose other than to get some frustration out.

Last Thursday, as I was driving from my home in Orlando up to Lexington, KY, I got a call from the Orlando police letting me know that my house had been broken into - door smashed in, garage door pryed open, basically a giant mess.

In broad daylight, a couple of guys helped themselves to an almost brand new 60" plasma TV, xbox, playstation, couple of watches and whatever else they could grab in a minute or two.

I'm not so much angry (ok, I'm angry) as I am saddened by where the world seems to be these days. I know this isn't an unusual occurrence, particularly in Orlando - and it could've been worse. Nobody was harmed (had I been home that would have probably gone differently) and it's just stuff. But it's MY stuff that I work hard for and it just pi##es me off that people think they deserve to take it.

Ok, I'm done - the good news is my wall of detailing products is still in tact. :pc7424:

FUNX650
05-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Sorry this happened to you.
Hope you are insured.

Not much in the way of solacement:
But the fact is...
Most people who steal, steal from people they know...or have met before.

:)

Bob

rms64
05-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Sorry this happened to you.
Hope you are insured.

Not much in the way of solacement:
But the fact is...
Most people who steal, steal from people they know...or have met before.

:)

Bob

Thanks Bob, and yes, insurance applies.

Already been through the mental list of who knew I'd be gone and when - provided to police, etc.

Is it possible I know bad people? :awman:

BillE
05-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Really sorry to hear about this.

Luckily, I've never been a victim and can only imagine the feeling.

Bill

sn0w
05-01-2013, 07:16 AM
This may be pretty known but make sure you don't post up vacation plans on any public sites... facebook especially and also be wary of who you tell at work

vet
05-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Sorry to hear this. I hope they catch the people who did it.

Of course your detailing stuff is intact ... That kind of stuff means WORK.

Mazda.Mark
05-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear, and hoping it isn't someone you call a "friend" either. Prayers to you and your family.

rms64
05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for all the kind wishes guys....life goes on. :xyxthumbs:

zmanjohn
05-01-2013, 07:46 AM
So Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Your right it is just stuff, but that still does not make it any better.
In the hard times, people look for the easy way out. Instead of getting a JOB or doing like most of us, trying to do things to brighten peoples day by having cleaner good looking cars, they steal what others have worked so hard for.
As you stated, thankfully nobody was hurt. Will keep you in our prayers.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-01-2013, 08:48 AM
My heart just sank a bit this morning seeing your post.

What in the world is wrong with people? Im not going to get to far into it because I know it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the insurance.

rms64
05-01-2013, 08:50 AM
My heart just sank a bit this morning seeing your post.

What in the world is wrong with people? Im not going to get to far into it because I know it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the insurance.

Yeah, I hope they're dumb enough to try to pawn the stuff. Thanks for the commiseration - not much else to do but drive on...

runrun411
05-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Sorry about your misfortune. Hope you recover well. Thankfully you and your family were unharmed (I sure things would have been way different for that guy had you been home).

Dr_Pain
05-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Uggh! vent on my friend.... Praying they find the guys and stop them from burglarizing others. Also praying your family recovers quickly from the violation of your home and feel safe once again.

Johnnyboy
05-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Sucks man, but at least it is only material. Only thing you have to worry about now is that they don't try to make another effort to go after your detailing arsenal. If they get the slightest hint that they can make any money off that....they'll try it! Sad that there are people out there like this and I agree.....chances are that this person knows you one way or another.....or was sent by someone that knows you. Harsh reality!

Pats300zx
05-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Sorry to hear your misfortune. I hope they catch who is responsible and they are "hung".