PDA

View Full Version : Pad help

Smokey
04-30-2013, 09:53 PM
New to forum and need some help. What is the typical life expectancy of a LC CCS pad red and grey to be specific only used for applying final wax/sealant. Also what's the best way to clean them? Thanks

parkerslade
04-30-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure about an exact amount of time I can give you, as it all depends on:

how often they are used
how they are cleaned
how often they are cleaned

I recommend investing in a pad washer. I just picked one up for myself after being introduced to one by Smack, they're great in the garage. Pad washers are awesome because they'll save you time and ensure that your pads are staying free of excess product build up and clear coat, giving you maximum potential for correction. Wash your pad after every panel. Depending on the amount of correction, you may want to switch to a fresh pad if you find you're washing a lot. :buffing:

If you don't want to spend money on a pad washer, you can do what Mike Phillips calls "Cleaning your pad on the fly". The thread is here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20135-how-clean-your-foam-pad-fly.html

Hope this helps!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-30-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure about an exact amount of time I can give you, as it all depends on:

how often they are used
how they are cleaned
how often they are cleaned

I recommend investing in a pad washer. I just picked one up for myself after being introduced to one by Smack, they're great in the garage. Pad washers are awesome because they'll save you time and ensure that your pads are staying free of excess product build up and clear coat, giving you maximum potential for correction. Wash your pad after every panel. Depending on the amount of correction, you may want to switch to a fresh pad if you find you're washing a lot. :buffing:

If you don't want to spend money on a pad washer, you can do what Mike Phillips calls "Cleaning your pad on the fly". The thread is here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20135-how-clean-your-foam-pad-fly.html

Hope this helps!

Great advice Parker. :xyxthumbs: