PDA

View Full Version : *Pinnacle Poly Clay Bars

Pages : [1] 2

Jason
03-06-2006, 03:15 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/img/forum5.gif

Pinnacle PolyClay Clay Bars (http://www.autogeek.net/pinpolclayba.html)

Pinnacle PolyClay Clay Bars PLUS (http://www.autogeek.net/pipobapl.html)

Make spotted, rough and cratered surfaces smooth as glass!

Clay bars have been used by professional detailers for years. These totally non-abrasive bars safely and quickly remove surface contamination, rail dust, industrial fallout and overspray by “pulling” if off the surface. Use prior to polishing your car for an ultra-smooth finish.

The latest evolution in this technology are clay-like bars of entirely man-made polymers. Pinnacle PolyClay performs all the functions of traditional clay bars but has a number of advantages: PolyClay does not dry out with age and does not decompose with repeated applications.

A single non-abrasive grade works on all paint conditions yet is still clearcoat safe.

PolyClay is easier to work with and leaves almost no residue on the surface making clean-up easier.

Each container holds four 3 oz. bars of PolyClay. Each bar will clean 8-10 full size vehicles.)

Use Pinnacle Clay Lubricant (below) with PolyClay to make application quick and easy.

Pinnacle PolyClay Clay Bar is not just another cleaner, it is a totally unique product that instantly removes the environmental contaminants which can deteriorate a vehicle's finish.

PolyClay was developed as a solution to the increasing damage being done to the finishes of today's vehicle due to harsh pollutants that burn right through conventional protectants. Invisible pollutants such as industrial fallout, car exhaust and oxidation from acid rain, along with visible impurities like road tar, tree sap and insect residue, can irreversible damage a new finish in a few short years. Clay bars are also effective in removing paint over-spray.

If grime and contaminates have found a home deeply imbedded in your vehicle's surfaces, save yourself hours of buffing with abrasive compounds. PolyClay Clay Bar literally pulls contamination off painted and clearcoated surfaces. Use PolyClay to remove industrial fallout, rail dust, airport pollution, overspray and tree sap. It makes spotted, rough and cratered surfaces smooth as glass. Contains no silicones, solvents or harmful abrasives.

What is paint contamination?

Paint contamination consists of tiny metal shavings from rail dust, brake dust and industrial fallout. This contamination affects all paint finishes and can cause serious damage when left untreated. Paint contamination can be felt as a "rough or gritty" texture on the paint's surface and can lead to tiny rust spots. This contamination can not be removed by washing, waxing and/or polishing.

Where does contamination come from?

There are three major causes of paint contamination:

1. Rail dust - produced from the friction of train wheels against railroad tracks. Over 70% of new vehicles are shipped by rail. Rail dust can contaminate a new car's finish before it even reaches the dealership. Anytime a vehicle is parked or travels near a railroad it is subject to rail dust contamination.

2. Brake dust - particles produced from the friction of brake pads rubbing against the rotor. This metal on metal friction disperses tiny particles of bare metal into the air and on the highway where it collects on passing vehicles.

3. Industrial fallout - another word for pollution, industrial fallout is a byproduct of our modern industrial age.

Prevention and removal:

Some automotive manufacturers now cover vehicles with plastic coverings during rail transportation. Unfortunately, this plastic only covers 40% to 60% of the vehicle and many vehicles are still transported with no covers.

There is no wax, natural or synthetic, or any chemical treatment that can prevent or protect against this contamination. Compounding with an abrasive polish may remove this contamination but it can only be performed a few times before removing too much of the top, clear coat finish.

The final solution, Pinnacle PolyClay Clay Bar. This clay safely removes rail dust and industrial fallout by "pulling" it off the surface. It does not "cut" or perform any abrasive action normally associated with polishing or compounding.

When clay bars were brought to the United States, several other usages were found for them. Clay bars were found to be effective for removing overspray, tree sap, acid rain & water spots and a variety of other surface contaminants.

Today, Clay Bars are routinely used by OEM's, professional detailers, vehicle auctions, and body shops as a simple, safe way to remove overspray and surface contaminants from painted surfaces, chrome and glass.

Directions:

Wash your vehicle before claying. You do not have to dry it.
Mist a small section, approximately 2 square feet, with Pinnacle Clay Lubricant.
Rub a clay bar back and forth across the wet area using very little pressure. It will grab initially; this is the clay grabbing contaminants that protrude above the paint surface. Continue to rub until the bar glides freely.
Once the clay glides smoothly across the paint, it’s clean. Use a clean microfiber towel to wipe off any remaining lubricant and clay residue.
Keep any eye on the condition of the clay bar. If it appears soiled, reshape the clay to reveal a clean portion before using it on the next section. If you drop the clay bar on the ground, discard it.
Vehicles driven daily generally need to be clayed 2-3 times a year. To store the clay, mist it with Pinnacle Clay Lubricant and wrap it in a plastic bag. Store it in the original plastic storage case.

Kit Savings -See our Pinnacle Clay Bar Kit and others on the Car Care Kits Page for super savings on this and other Pinnacle Products!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important: Use clay only with an approved clay lubricant, such as Pinnacle Clay Lubricant . The lubricant makes the surface slippery in order to reduce friction between the clay bar and the surface. Rub clay across lubricated area only and re-wet as needed. When used as directed, clay will remove contamination from paint, glass, and chrome without causing swirls or scratches.

MailMan17
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Jason,
Are these the same poly clay bars that use to be $49.99 or did they change?

joe.p
03-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Jason will the Pinnacle ClayBars begin to break down and fall apart when claying,or can the same bar be used a few X over like Clay Magic

Sherman8r44
03-06-2006, 06:22 PM
12 ounces of clay for $30? Not bad at all!

TNM6i
03-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Looks good to me. Just added it to my Autogeek list. One can never have too much clay on hand. Especially since I'll be detailing, at least part-time this Spring/Summer. Yet another good deal from AutoGeek!

Jason
03-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Jason will the Pinnacle ClayBars begin to break down and fall apart when claying,or can the same bar be used a few X over like Clay Magic
Yes, one bar is good for about 4 cars, depending on how bad the paint is contaminated. Make sure to use a clay lubricant as I have seen some home-made solutions (such as Dawn and water) break down some clay bars.

Jason
03-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Jason,
Are these the same poly clay bars that use to be $49.99 or did they change?
Yes, these are the same clay bars. We are able to buy our clays bars at a larger volume thus receiving better prices, so in turn we are able to pass the savings to you.

Sherman8r44
03-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Yes, one bar is good for about 4 cars, depending on how bad the paint is contaminated. Make sure to use a clay lubricant as I have seen some home-made solutions (such as Dawn and water) break down some clay bars.

Would a quality shampoo + water solution also break down these clay bars? FWIW, the yellow clays I've tried with them (Mothers and Opti-clay) seem to do fine.

Miami_Sunset
03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
I always use a quality Car wash soap along with water in a a 32oz bottle. & spritz away. Never had a problem. Also i lubricate the the CLay with some QD & put it away.

MasterShineBoy
03-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Making you own clay lube is definetly a great way to SAVE $$$$. I am tired of using $10 worth of QD to clay a car.

5000XD
03-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Would a quality shampoo + water solution also break down these clay bars? FWIW, the yellow clays I've tried with them (Mothers and Opti-clay) seem to do fine.

Its funny that you ask about the break down. I've used the Pinnacle bars with the Pinnacle lub and they do break down too quick in my eyes. Might I be doing something wrong?

After washing and drying my car, I spray once or twice (one part of the car at a time, hood, door and so on) and start claying. If it gets too dry I give it another spray. When this first happend I thought I was over spraying :confused:

MasterShineBoy
03-10-2006, 01:09 AM
12 ounces of clay for $30? Not bad at all!

Indeed, a very good valve, combined with free Pinnacle shipping... Irresistible!!!

fenderbender
02-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Tell me? What happens when you drop the clay on the floor. can you rinse out the contamination,or do you throw it any?
You know it is going to happen.

ricka
02-27-2008, 10:55 AM
throw away--its not worth taking chances. that's why most will cut their bars in sections just in case

Smokindiesel
02-27-2008, 07:02 PM
For the guys that are using a quality car wash & water for lube, may I ask what ratio you are using? ... Does it leave a soapy film residue? ... Or does it leave no residue after wiping just like a qd/clay lube.

I am also tired of using a ton of qd or clay lube to do a car. It gets expensive