PDA

View Full Version : Polish

jimjc
04-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Hello again, I`ve spent a lot of time looking at my new cars [ 500 mi.] paint. I`m going to use the Collinite 845 for wax but the paint just isn`t as shiny as I want. Since it`s new there are no swirls or paint defects [ I`ve looked closely] , so I`ve come to the conclusion that the clear coat isn`t shiny enough.

So I`m looking for a finish polish that I can use with my Porter 7424xp. I have gray Lake Country foam pads. So what is your recommendation for a fine polish that will improve my clearcoat, I don`t want to remove tons of clearoat. 2013 Honda Acc

spiralout462
04-29-2013, 08:08 PM
I have had wonderful results with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze and Meguiar's M205. Coupled with a gray or white LC pad either will give you maximum gloss on your Honda.

WRXINXS
04-30-2013, 06:52 AM
You may only need a pre-wax cleaner with low or no abrasives to bring up the shine before wax application:

Car Polish - Pre-Wax Cleaners & Paintwork Cleanser (http://www.autogeek.net/prewaxpolishes.html)

Or perhaps an AIO or cleaner wax:

all in one polish, car polish wax, cleaner wax, best car wax polish, Klasse All In One, one step polish wax, AIO wax, AIO paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/all-in-one-cleaner-wax.html)

If you are interested in a finish polish I have used Optimum Finish Polish with good results and the most popular finish polish around here seems to be Menzerna P085rd.

Good luck!:xyxthumbs:

jimjc
04-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Thanks guys for thr reply, I`ll bet I find the perfect one in your responses.

One last thing. If I told you I interested in a polish that easy to use and pretty much foolproof would that narrow down the choices you reccomend?

I

silverfox
04-30-2013, 07:20 AM
I'd go with:

1) the DuraGloss 601/105 combo as my first choice...and topping it with Collinite 845 will give you an incredible deep wet look and up to a year in protection. Its a cleaner/polish/sealant with a tad of abrasives.

2) WolfGang Finishing glaze (polish) is another excellent choice. You simply cannot mess up with this product (you'd have to really work at at it to mess it up). It will remove a bit of clearcoat as it has abrasives in it.

3) Chemical Guys Blacklight is a great product under any carnuba wax. It will really amp up the shine.

BobbyG
04-30-2013, 07:29 AM
I was pleasantly surprised how well Duragloss 105 performed

Duragloss 105 is formulated with a small amount of fine abrasives that clean and correct the finish leaving it looking bright and new looking.

Duragloss 601 Polish Bonding Agent serves as “glue” between the paint and a polymer paint sealant in the sense that it encourages a better bond and longer life of the sealant.

Mix these on the pad at a 5 to 1 ratio; 105:601. I use a white foam pad for great results.

jimjc
05-01-2013, 08:24 AM
The DuraGloss sounds great. I never heard of mixing two products on a pad together. Hum that sounds like it saves time but is the 5 to 1 ratio easy to calculate just putting it on a pad? I think it`s a great idea but will need to come up with a method to mix it properly. Like 5 dime and 1 dime drops on the pad. Does that sound like it`s workable?

KillaCam
05-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Bobby, did you mean to say 4:1 ratio? That's what duragloss recommends.

jimjc
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
I was pleasantly surprised how well Duragloss 105 performed

Duragloss 105 is formulated with a small amount of fine abrasives that clean and correct the finish leaving it looking bright and new looking.

Duragloss 601 Polish Bonding Agent serves as “glue” between the paint and a polymer paint sealant in the sense that it encourages a better bond and longer life of the sealant.

Mix these on the pad at a 5 to 1 ratio; 105:601. I use a white foam pad for great results.

Well after looking into DuraGloss 601 as you say it acts like a glue between paint and "polymer paint sealant" but I`m going to use Collinite 845 it isn`t a polimer it`s a liquid "Carnauba Wax"? So I guess I wouldn`t be using the 601?