PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Autoscrub Towel: Lube Compatibility Question

Marc08EX
04-29-2013, 01:50 PM
To everyone that's using the nanoskin towel, DA discs, wash mitt or sponges, what lube are you using? I've searched and I see some people using ONR, DP and UWW+. Would the Meguiar's Last Touch work? Can any clay lube work with it? Is there any type of ingredient that will destroy or degrade the nanoskin material?

I want to use the Last Touch because I just want to use up what I have left. But I want to make sure it's safe to use because this stuff is expensive. Otherwise, I'll just use my DP or ONR at clay lube dilution.

Thanks for your time and help.

OZD 35
04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
I dipped my autoscrub mitt in a bucket of CG citrus wash and gloss soap. Worked great for me!

WRAPT C5Z06
04-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Last Touch should be perfectly fine, just make sure you have the area covered, considering the mitt is a lot larger than a clay bar.

Dr_Pain
04-29-2013, 02:49 PM
I use the mitt (fine grade) with Mr.Pink

Marc08EX
04-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Seems like the soap solution is the best way to go.

After I perform the wash, I'll just use the remaining soap to go over each panel before drying the car.

Thanks for the advice guys!

WRAPT C5Z06
04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Seems like the soap solution is the best way to go.

I think you could get away with Last Touch, but the soap solution is what it's designed for.

hernandez.art13
04-29-2013, 04:06 PM
I asked if I could use it with my Pinnacle Carnauba waterless wash and got a response from Idriveacamaro, saying he thinks it might work better cos of the carnauba. So hopefully it does.

ihaveacamaro
04-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I asked if I could use it with my Pinnacle Carnauba waterless wash and got a response from Idriveacamaro, saying he thinks it might work better cos of the carnauba. So hopefully it does.

Just to clarify, I said that a normal detail spray/waterless wash would probably work better than the Pinnacle one (all assumptions) because of the carnauba in the Pinnacle :props:

hernandez.art13
04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
That's why i made sure to put "he thinks" 😇

Marc08EX
04-30-2013, 11:47 AM
I contacted Nanoskin and they said that only solvent based products will damage the nanoskin proprietary material. If your lube doesn't have any solvents then you should be good to go.

hernandez.art13
04-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Does Pinnacle waterless wash carnauba have solvents? I hope not 😢

Dogfather
04-30-2013, 12:58 PM
I contacted Nanoskin and they said that only solvent based products will damage the nanoskin proprietary material. If your lube doesn't have any solvents then you should be good to go.

In one of his videos, GD mentioned he destroyed one with APC. Be careful, they're not cheap.