PDA

View Full Version : Time to re-apply WGDGPS - recommended prep?

eyost
04-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi all,

Well, it looks like it is time for me to re-apply my paint sealant. The current application involved wash, clay, pinnacle paint cleanser, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and then finish off with Fuzion.

It has held very well and has been about six months since the initial application.

What are your recommendations on what I need to do to reapply the sealant? Do I have to pull off all sealant and then reapply?

Thanks,

Ed

BobbyG
04-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Hey Ed,

99.5% of all topical coatings are temporary and believe it or not begin to degrade the moment they're applied. Since it's been about 6 months, a general wash, clay, paint cleaner are in order then reapply the sealant as you did then. Give the new sealant 12 hours or so to bond then apply your wax...:props:

eyost
04-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Hey Ed,

99.5% of all topical coatings are temporary and believe it or not begin to degrade the moment they're applied. Since it's been about 6 months, a general wash, clay, paint cleaner are in order then reapply the sealant as you did then. Give the new sealant 12 hours or so to bond then apply your wax...:props:

Thanks Bobby. I figured that would be the process. I probably need to get it down to clean paint anyways as the bag test after the wash this afternoon revealed quite a bit of contaminate on the paint. Not too bad given it has been six months.

Ed.