PDA

View Full Version : Think I will just go back to Clay

Pages : [1] 2

davidc
04-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Used my Opti-Eraser for the first time today on the Wife's Sienna which some how managed to get over spray on it everywhere. The Opti-Eraser worked very well and did everything I asked from it. What I did find is that it is somewhat fragile. If you bump emblems, run across a seam and bump into another panel etc. it can cause damage to the eraser. Never had those problems with clay. I think clay is a lot more forgiving as long as it is not dropped to the ground during the process and the clay (which you get a lot more of) is basically the same price as the Opti-Eraser which only has two little strips on it. Just my take on the two items but for the money I think I will use the clay.

Dave

hernandez.art13
04-28-2013, 06:18 PM
What about the Nano Skin have you tried that?

davidc
04-28-2013, 06:26 PM
What about the Nano Skin have you tried that?

No, I just placed an order and was going to order the nano skin that looks similar to the eraser but it was out of stock. I just ordered a Pinnacle clay bar. Maybe some one that has used the nano skin will chime in with a performance durability report.

Dave

BobbyG
04-28-2013, 06:39 PM
I have about 6 new clay bars and will continue to use them.....:props:

Anthony@zerboautoworks
04-28-2013, 06:41 PM

+1

Tried other things, but always back to clay bars

AutowerxDetailing
04-28-2013, 06:50 PM

Same here. I will try out one of the alternatives whenever I use up my current overstock of meg's clay.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online

ihaveacamaro
04-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Try the nanoskin sponge!!!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Meguiar's Professional clay FTW!

Wes Bremec
04-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I purchased nano skin sponge ( fine and medium grade) and I will no longer place my hands on a piece of clay ever again. It took me about 20 mins to do a midsize car that would take an hour or so with clay.i have always been a clay bar guy but I honestly think that it is a thing of the past. Get on the bandwagon please:)

davidc
04-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Try the nanoskin sponge!!!

That is the one in fine grade that I was going to order and was out of stock. Dunno but it looks a little frail also. Does it not mind bumping into emblems etc. and come back unscathed ?

Dave

Wes Bremec
04-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Bumping into emblems please! You can throw this bad boy on the ground, wash it off, and go back to work:) but for a more descriptive answer here we go. This mitt works great because you can contour it into places that you can with clay also( ex door handles) i also use it on wheels :)

VP Mark
04-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Just ordered the medium grade nanoskin prep towel. I will simply never clay again. They make the Optimum clay sponges look lightweight. This towel tore through a very contaminated used car with no effort at all. I'm going to order the fine grade next time I order but the choice is clear. Prep towel for the win! :)

hernandez.art13
04-28-2013, 07:58 PM
As a first time buy of this do you think I should get the sponge cos it's cheaper or take the plunge and order the towel...

What would be the differences of the fine and medium? Should i order both?

Wes Bremec
04-28-2013, 08:04 PM
I have the sponge it's 50 bucks and not cheap

Vegas Transplant
04-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Timely thread. Good to be aware of this Achilles heel. :xyxthumbs:
I just got mine in. Only plan to use it on grill surround, fog light recesses, hard to manage areas, etc., where using and folding clay is a pita, such as when lying/sitting on the pavement.