PDA

View Full Version : Diamondite Glass cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

chevycruze
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Im not sure if any of you on here besides the staff at autogeek have tried this glass cleaner, but I bought a small bottle of it for like 20.00 on AG's site and to be honest, im kinda regretting buying it. I thought I liked it, but I don't think its working for me. I just tried to clean my windows again tonight after I did lastnight and I still have streaks up the ass. The towel im using is a waffle weave glass towel. I bought those from detailing.com at 3.00 a towel. Im not sure if its the cleaner or my towels. Im washing them with Micro-Restore mf detergent so I imagine that is getting my towels....just not sure what it is im doing wrong or what I can change. I ve already tried two different techniques and they aren't working. Hard to explain really. Here it goes best way I can: first time was I sprayed the window with a light mist or what I thought was a fair light mist, then took my first towel and spread the cleaner around I then flipped it over to wipe it dry, I had a second clean towel that I would take to do a final buff/streak free shine. That technique didn't work...So I tried the same way, only I altered how I dried the glass...which was I sprayed the window like so with a light mist and spread the cleaner around but just enough so the window was still wet where I sprayed and wiped, then I took my second clean glass towel and wiped the glass dry using circular motions and quickly flipped it over to do a final buff. Still not the results I want to achieve. Any help here???????????????????

chevycruze
04-27-2013, 10:59 PM
20 some views and no reply????? Surely somebody can help.

mpkav
04-28-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm probably not the one to help but are you doing the inside or outside of the window? If its the outside of the windshield you might have a pretty good film on it. I just used Ceriglass polish and my DA and it was amazing!! Other than that your technique is good. I have never used Diamondite but I'm a big fan of Megs D120!!

chevycruze
04-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Im trying to clean the inside and outside of the glass. I think the film is still on the glass from the factory and it wont come off for some reason.

Elwood P Dowd
04-28-2013, 08:23 AM
How old is the vehicle? If its an older car a heater core failure can produce a anti freeze coating that's pretty nasty to remove and every time you turn the heat on it will get re deposited on the window. Other than that maybe try using crumpled up newspaper to wipe the windows off instead of the micro fiber to well.

VP Mark
04-28-2013, 08:29 AM
I got some of this same product when I got one of my kits (think it might have been my detailers bag).

It is an absolutely sub par product. It streaks, it does not clean well, I would not recommend it to anyone. Water with an oz. of vinegar is 100x better than this stuff.

I hate to bash on a product so hard, but it really is low quality. AG should test this out for themselves and decide whether to even carry this stuff anymore.

FUNX650
04-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Have you tried any another auto-glass cleaner?

This is my process for ridding the outside auto-glass surfaces of stubborn "film"/other contaminates:
1.) Apply/"polish" glass-surfaces with some Meguiar's #4 using a terry-cloth towel.
Remove with a clean towel.
2.) Dampen a WW-towel with some windshield washer reservoir fluid (the $1-1.50 "blue stuff" works)...
and wipe-down the glass.
3.) Follow with something like Sprayway #050, or even the Diamondite Glass cleaner,
and wipe clean with WW/Surgical-Huck Towels.

Film removal from inside auto-glass:
Unless I deem it's necessary...
I usually forego the Meg's #4 and proceed to: NO.'s 2 & 3.

{I cover/protect any surrounding non-glass areas (like the dash, etc.)}

Keep in mind:
Outgassing of certain of the cabin's interior-materials may be a
source of continuous "film" build-up on interior auto-glass...

:)

Bob

chevycruze
04-28-2013, 03:21 PM
How old is the vehicle? If its an older car a heater core failure can produce a anti freeze coating that's pretty nasty to remove and every time you turn the heat on it will get re deposited on the window. Other than that maybe try using crumpled up newspaper to wipe the windows off instead of the micro fiber to well.

Its brand new. A 2012 CHEVROLET Cruze LT =].

BobbyG
04-28-2013, 03:30 PM
I tried some but it didn't work out particularly well so I stayed with my tried and trued Meguiar's Glass Cleaner D120......

Old Tiger
04-28-2013, 04:12 PM
CarPro Eraser will eliminate tough window film better than all else I have tried. I am not a fan of Diamondite glass cleaner. I much prefer 1Z.

WRXINXS
04-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Wow, surprised to hear all the negative feedback about Diamondite Glass Cleaner. I have it and really like it alot.

Robert8194
04-28-2013, 06:14 PM
If I had to pick just one cleaner for the interior, it would be Meg's Perfectly Clear since Muc Off is no longer available at AG.

illoominaughtee
04-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Just my .02 but try coating the Windows in and out. Then realize that most window cleaners are solvents which may inherently streak. I work at a high end restoration/ body shop. I use a little spray wax or wax the windows this polishes streak free and makes them rain repellent too ;)
My windows always look mint now just always work clean and them windows will bling

illoominaughtee
04-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I meant claying not coating lol

Robert8194
04-28-2013, 07:04 PM
I meant claying not coating lol

I have not tried claying or coating the interior. But, the exteriors are clayed (actually Nanoskin scrubbed) and then coated. I use either the Optimum or Nanoskin sealants/coatings. Cleaning them is a breeze. I Clean exterior with Optimum Glass Clean and Protect.