PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline spillage on paint?

dc52nv
04-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm on the road and filled up for gas. As I was taking the gas hose off to place it back on the pump, I accidentally spilled a little gas on the side of my car. I always carry some Pinnacle WW and microfiber in my car for when there's bird poop on my car while away from the house. I quickly sprayed down the affected area and gently wiped it clean. Are there other methods you guys use? Would I need to reapply my LSP when I get back home? This has never happened before so just looking for some advice. Thanks in advance.

PiPUK
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm on the road and filled up for gas. As I was taking the gas hose off to place it back on the pump, I accidentally spilled a little gas on the side of my car. I always carry some Pinnacle WW and microfiber in my car for when there's bird poop on my car while away from the house. I quickly sprayed down the affected area and gently wiped it clean. Are there other methods you guys use? Would I need to reapply my LSP when I get back home? This has never happened before so just looking for some advice. Thanks in advance.

A bit of warm soapy water is enough or your apc. It will degrade the lsp if not strip. It is not a big concern although should be avoided where possible. In the UK some people use gasoline to remove tar. This is really quite dangerous and highlights the lack of understanding but it shows that short term damage is not a concern with occasional contact.

rmagnus
04-27-2013, 11:04 PM
+1 not a big issue. At least rinse with water. Better to wash with soap and water. Reapply wax.